Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rollback Rx? or DeepFreeze?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 taylor1277

taylor1277

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Has anyone ever heard of these two programs. I am using Rollback Rx free right now, debating if I should buy the program. The other day online I was reading a story about a program called DeepFreeze has anyone ever used it, recommend it. Think one is better than the other.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Read about it, know about it but never used deepfreeze, mostly my self i do it the old stile way that is to say raw image backups of the dedicated Os drive for windows, if windows flips i just restore the old stile way, or worse case full reinstall.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,392 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

I use Deep Freeze on my Windows 10 and love it, It does everything they claim, I love it.

#4 taylor1277

taylor1277
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

NickAu-can you tell me more about it. what do you love about it. does it actually turn your system back and get rid of any viruses you may have also. what does it cost. I haven't had to use or tried to use Rollback Rx, and now I have to try and remember my old windows password because now it has me logging in with a microsoft outlook/hotmail password between reverting back.

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,392 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

I like the way it restores the system at boot to like new no matter what you do as long as the system is frozen the changes will not be there after a reboot, even things like defraging a HDD become unnecessary. I did not pay for my copy I was given a key as a gift.

#6 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

RollBack is sort of a beefed up version of what Deep Freeze does. Instead of one state it has unlimited.

If you are looking for more of a restore on reboot solution I wouldn't recommend either, I'd recommend Drive Vaccine (which may now be Reboot Restore Rx Pro, can't really remember!)

Cheaper than Deep Freeze and more feature rich, not as many features as RollBack, but if you don't need them why pay for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users