Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Home Networking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Princess_rebs

Princess_rebs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:06 AM

I am trying to network together my computer and my flat mates so we can share files and both access the internet. I have Windows ME and he has Windows XP. The modem is plugged into the phone socket and then into his computer. Both computers are plugged into the router. I then ran network wizard on his and then at the end created a disk and ran this on mine. He can access the internet but i cant and we can see each other but not share files. I dont know where ive gone wrong

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killer_kyle

killer_kyle

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

How bout have the modem connect to the router, and have both comps on router.

we can see each other but not share files.

^When you ran the wizard, did you make sure share files was turned on?

Posted Image

#3 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

ok this what you do turn off both modems and wait 30 sec then turn it on, after that turn off the router wait 30 sc then turn it back on then restart BOTH computers and see what happens. if that doesnt help unplug the router first wait 30 seconds turn it back on then unplug the modem then wait 30 seconds and turn it back on, restart both computers and see what happens.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users