Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Laptop Battery Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stipl3x

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

My laptop is ASUS X75VC-TY011D (I have it for about 3.5 years, with w10 and last bios update).

A few months ago I have noticed that my battery was saying that it was full charged and charging all the time. After that, I have noticed that after the night, the battery led, which is usually green, was blinking orange and then, I plugged out the battery. After that, I started searching for answers. I tried some "solutions" like fully discharge, pressing the power button for discharging the motherboard and a lot of other things. The battery works, but it just charges to 94-95% and after a few hours of use, the led starts blinking again and when I plug out the cable, the capacity doesn't modify. I monitored the battery in Aida64 and I saw that the battery is not charging fully and after the moment when led starts blinking it says not charging, so the laptop is only on AC. Now I use only the AC adaptor, and only when I really need the battery, I plug it in.

I hope you can help me with a solution or at least tell me what the problem would be: the battery is dead or is something related to the software. 

Hope you can help me! ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,000 posts
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

3.5 years is about the average live of a battery. 

Open a command prompt and type the following.

powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a HTML file

Double click it and see what the full charge vs design capacity. If it less than half the battery should be replaced. Definitely replace if at 20% or less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users