Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor crashes because of disk error

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sabareesh

sabareesh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hi buddies

I am using Windows 8 pro while using my system it crashes often and my monitor alone gets off and it repeats when restarting my system only CPU gets working and no connection to my monitor . I had surfed some softwares for my issues and i ended up by downloading iobit system care . The issue is about disk error on my C drive. By using IOBIT software i had tried to optimize disk error but it is not working . I have an log report about the issue in my report it ended as CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Y3hG5V8HmaS6Y362K6Li5zI

Attached Files

Edited by sabareesh, 15 January 2017 - 01:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sabareesh

sabareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Y3hG5V8HmaS6Y362K6Li5zI

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 sabareesh

sabareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

HCL Infosystems 

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

That would be the manufacturer, not the model number which is what we need now.

It looks like they are going to shut down their computer production.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

I should point out that iobit systemcare is a registry cleaner and optimization software.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Credit for this goes to Quietman7, one of our Global Moderators.

#8 sabareesh

sabareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

But sir how can i optimize my disk error ??

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Why haven't you updated to 8.1?

Optimization means to get the most efficient use of a resource.  There is no way to optimize an error.

Please download and run CPUID's HWMonitor.  Make a screenshot of the results of the temperatures and voltages and post this in your topic.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot.

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Please download and run SeatTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 22 January 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#10 sabareesh

sabareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Test result for SealTools for Windows is success

Attached Files

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

What about CPUID's HWMonitor I requested?

#12 sabareesh

sabareesh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

CPUID's HWMonitor's Result

Attached Files

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

The voltages from the PSU are very bad.  It looks like you need to replace the PSU.

I asked you previously what the make and model was of this computer.  You posted the manufacturer but didn't post the model.  Please do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users