Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice: Best Laptop for AutoCAD work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamesdean2

jamesdean2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hello Member, 

I am looking for a laptop that can handle all my 3D modelling and CAD work. I have a budget of $1000-$1200 only. I researched some websites like techradar, laptopify etc but I am still in confusion about which laptop to select. 

I have shortlisted Lenovo ThinkPad P50 & HP ZBook Studio G3. I need your opinions, please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

I'm sure either of those would be fine for AutoCAD.  AutoCAD is really light weight CAD, compared to things like SolidWorks and Creo.  I'd suggest going to AutoDesk's site and checking out their recommended specifications for a machine.

#3 jamesdean2

jamesdean2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the advice :-)

#4 Trunks2017

Trunks2017

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

that's because those writers never used an autocad or know about autocad at all. It depends if it's for work or for school. For school any laptop with a decent dedicated (or any really) GPU will do just fine.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

AutoCAD 2017 requirements.

I've supported different engineering software professionally for a while, and AutoCAD has the one of the lower system requirements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users