Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Checking for Updates all nite long Win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 cctexun

cctexun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Yessir I turned on the other cornpruter and am fooling around on it. Didn't know for sure about multi tasking with one computer. N anyway some days paint watchin is mighty fine. Hoooo boy thanks for the details on PrtScn key. I was wonderin how to do it and did it all wrong, Yee Haa learnin, like it. Let you know in a couple days how we are faring. Thankie, Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

Most of the problems that you get from a MSFT update is caused from a driver. The update utility for laptops in my opinion should never be uninstalled. Yes, I agree it's bloatware and 90% of the time sits there doing nothing. Since I am tech I see a lot more going on though. As a example there was a recall recently on Toshiba laptop batteries as they discovered a dangerous flaw. This is something that MSFT cannot help with. It was a program pushed over that Toshiba utility to download and used to check the serial numbers if those system's had the bad batteries. This is pretty darned important. A lithium ion battery exploding and bursting into fire is not a pretty sight.

Edited by technonymous, 04 February 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#33 cctexun

cctexun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Tech forgive me I didn't followup. For some reason the issues we were having cleared up. It has been too long for me to remember what the magic wand was but I do remember wondering why it suddenly found the list of available  updates again. Seems I went thru and selected just a few of those available updates at a time and downloaded and then installed and ultimately got them all done and now wallah it is back on the straight and narrow. Thanks for all your help,patience, understanding, kindness and dedication. Because of people like you, people like me can learn slowly, yet correctly. I appreciate your time and effort. D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users