the problem is described like in title.
Jump to content
Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:55 PM
Sounds like an explorer issue to me...
Press and hold the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys on your keyboard and select the Start Task Manager option. Click File, New Task (Run...), and type in explorer.exe. Hopefully your desktop should come back. If it does, try troubleshooting your Shell Extensions:
ShellExView by NirSoft (thanks to usasma!!!)
• Download and save ShellExView from here.
• Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
• Open up the extracted folder, right-click on shexview.exe and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Look at the menu above, click Options and check (click) Hide All Microsoft Extensions.
• Please disable all NON-Microsoft extensions. DO NOT DISABLE ANY MICROSOFT EXTENSIONS!!!
• Restart your computer and check the results. If the issue is gone, start enabling a few until you can find the culprit.
If that doesn't help... perform a Clean Boot and see whether if you can figure out the issue.
Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:43 AM
i cant run explorer as new task because it's disabled option run in manager
Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:53 AM
if by safe mode you mean f8 at startup - it didnt work
i can only run (boot) install dvd (and there some repair options)
Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:29 PM
When i start computer it is booting until windows 8 login screen, then i put login confirmation and click enter.
After that screen becomes black with only mouse cursor which i can move.
At that time if i press ctrl+alt+delete (or ctrl+shift+escape) it opens windows manager where in menu File option Run is disabled (blocked).
And another: If i start computer from windows 8 installation dvd i can choose some repair options, which coses deleting data from hard drive and because of that i dont run that's options.
P.S. I think that maybe it happen because exploer.exe have some problems with loging on startup.
Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:37 PM
Can you do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and shut down your PC from there WHILE holding down the Shift key on keyboard? On start-up you will be greeted with a blue screen. Click Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and follow the prompts on the screen to start your PC in Safe Mode.
Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:50 AM
if i choose startup settings i choose any of option (f1-f10) and after automatic restart it show only new login screen (with lower resolution screen - like it was in some low graphic at some "safe boot" option/login)
i checked all options f1-f10 and result is the same after all options (the same low resolution login screen)
Edited by TKrawczyk, 19 January 2017 - 08:04 AM.
Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:01 PM
Follow Method Two of this tutorial to perform an SFC scan. Any luck? It's the same with Windows 8.
Edited by bwv848, 20 January 2017 - 11:04 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users