Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I WENT FROM 7MBPS TO 100KBPS!?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sonit

Sonit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/dvh9su

not much to say really, I'm installign my Adobe photoshop right now and the download would usually be over in an hour or two but i left it overnight to find it at 28% (9hours) tehn I checked my internet speed and it  was at 0 kbps! I restarted my computer and thought everything was fixed until I realised that 30mins later my downlaod was at 1%! (would usually take 1min or so) A few things to clear are below, thanks for your help, Sonit.

1) I have no viruses (scanned)

2) This has never really happened before

3) It took me under a minute to install 2mb file!!!

4) When I started download it seemed ok but I was wrong!

Screenshot taken after me writing this post:  http://prntscr.com/dvhcro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:00 AM

Things that come to mind when this kind of  thing happens all the time is "A" lame isp "B" lame connection "C" Dos/DDos attack "D" lame networking hardware "E" something sucking up network bandwidth.

DDos topic if your behind nat you can't really see it at times i find and to check for that you need to go in to bridged mode, as for having to reset the connection all over the place don't know what to say, what did you say your networking setup was on a hardware level ?

As well this happens to me too sometimes, don't know why seeing as it dousen't happen often, like once a month or so and when it douse i just reset the connection and don't think much of it.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

First, have you done a speedtest? Ethernet throughput is different then raw speed.

Second, what are you connected via ethernet to? Modem? Router? Wireless adapter? Can other computers or devices connected the same way get online fast/normal?

Last, where are you downloading Adobe from? You can only download the file as fast as the server can upload it, divided some what by the people who are trying to download it. As per here, looks like other people are having similar problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users