Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE HELP, MULTIPLE ISSUES GOING INSANE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jurgizzzzz

jurgizzzzz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hello, I seem to be having an issues with my profile list registry values not saving, I change the refcount and state to 0 but they reset after I reboot.

Also I think I should state why I am trying to change the registry values, the cause would be that I have started having several issues with my computer, my download speed has went down from 7mb/s to around 500kb/s- 1mb/s and probably the main issue is that several weeks ago I started having issues with my mouse and keyboard at first they would randomly disconnect (I would hear the sound) and reconnect after a few seconds, after a while they started just becoming unresponsive and the only way to make them work again is restarting the computer.

So I found another thread which another user was having the exact same issues and he was suggested to use Minitoolbox and they determined that he was having issues with ( The user profile service failed to logon) so I am wondering if you think that i have the same issues or is it something different? And is there anything I can do?

BTW I am using Windows 7.And the problem seems to be getting worse after I tried changing the registry, Also I have tried creating a new profile and checking its profile list values the ref count is set to zero but the state is set to 304 and the other profile has the ref count at 1 and state at 100, the mouse disconnect at this point is around every 10 seconds but sometimes it works fine for a while, also I have ran Hitmanpro to check for any pesky programs that might be doings this but nothing came up.

The issues are getting a bit unbearable. I can post a minitoolbox log if needed but I don't know how accurate it will be since I accidently denied all permissions to the profile list which caused a heap of problems but I was able to revert it by inheritable permissions. I would appreciate any help, Thank you in advance

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2017 - 09:18 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jurgizzzzz

jurgizzzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Okay lets start of by saying that all of this started around 2 weeks ago maybe more, initial problems started with my Mouse and keyboard disconnecting-unplugging.

It kept happening for a while with different time intervals sometimes would happen once in an hour then more often and so on.

Then after some time i experienced a full crash of the USB plugged devices if that's what I could call it, as I was playing a game my mouse and keyboard became unresponsive, usually unplugging them would fix this but this time I couldn't do anything except a hard reset on the system.

After that the problem became more often with me having to do hard resets few times a day during gaming and occasionally while watching videos or something else, after doing some reading I found that a corrupt profile could be the cause of this so i tried using the fixes provided by microsoft (registry value changes) (delete the profile and SID) value change did not help as they would reset back after reboot which is probably due to permissions and system protections issues i don't know if that's the case.

At one point it got so bad that the mouse would unplug every 10-5 seconds , so i tried deleting the profile at first I thought that did the trick the issue didn't occur for an hour then it did again, but without me having to do a hard reset just unplugging.

So i tried swapping my mouse which actually helped the issue and haven't experienced any unplugs that would render me unable to use the machine,  I started looking more into the problem cause I was intrested in finding the cause even thought the problem was gone, I was still experiencing some clunky things download speed went down from 7mb/s to 1mb/s in general computer slowed down, transfer rate on my HDD got super horrible, so I was looking for the cause of these problems first I thought it might be the HDD.

Did chdsk, diskchekup, crystal disk info everything came out good, even though I could clearly hear loud noises coming from the HDD as it was working(very weird noises also, I tried deffraging it which I don't know how to describe other than it made it do music like actual music sounds, Didn't finnish deffrag since I got the black screen and has to restart)

Started suspecting some foul play from malware or just being hacked, used every possible tool from hijack this ( yes i know it shouldn't be used on a windows 7 x64 based system) junkware removal tool, combofix,hitmanpro, zonealarm,  I also made a crucial mistake of downloading drivertoolkitinstaller and driver update which was a mistake and I instantly deleted them without using them, but I think the damage was done since I had installed them.

I downloaded a windows update which was supposed to delete shadow copies and fix some harddrive issues in general after I restarted my computer I got an error saying something like slimdriver couldn't be located (one of the driver update programs) the error was received as the os was booting and there was no start bar or anything around yet also I saw a command prompt pop up which was very very weird, after I pressed okay everything booted fine.

After that I ran everything again because I was very suspicious as to what that command prompt was, none of the programs found any issues as they didn't find any issue I turned on a game (Heroes of the storm to be exact) and after around 10 minutes I received a pink screen( yes pink) Sound was still there and from what I could tell everything was still working but I had to do a hard reset which caused some errors in the drive so I had to do a 4 hour chdsk to fix the problem as I was getting NTFS erros in my log every second. 

At that point I was freaking out about the pink screen since windows didn't log any driver errors or crashes( funny thing is that Heroes of the storm logged 2 crash dumps about the errors which I recently found but I can't make anything of them maybe someone else could), downloaded process explorer, security task manager accessenum, system file checker, nothing suspicious came up, only thing I didn't do was check network connections with netstat and wireshark but I think that zonealarm should have that covered.  

I started looking into the pink screen loads of theories came up with a lot of people having simmiliar issues and but nobody being really sure as to what causes it, I also received a black screen and a white screen aswell one during trying to play a game again( the same game) the other just out of nowhere as I was looking into the problem, sound was still there both times I could even hear the windows log off sound as i pressed the power button both times( afraid to do hard reset cause of fear of chdsk taking 4 hours again if files get corrupted.).

But these times the event viewer captured the crashes and giving this message ( Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.) At this point I have no fing idea what could be the problem i checked my psu voltages with CPUID can't tell if their okay, not sure if the hard is dying cause of the noises, not sure if its the slimware driver update command prompt pop up and error, maybe its a failing CPU or even GPU even tho the GPU is only 1 month old, all the other specs are pretty old (PSU,CPU,HDD all around 3-4years).

Also been receiving a lot of warning and errors in the event log ranging from MS essentials not updating and this one( Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.) also few more.

So at this point I have no idea what the problem is, I would roll back the drivers but the problem didn't happen after i installed the new drivers which were installed on 12-9-2016 happened couple of weeks later, so at this point I really have no clue as to what is going on. If anyone is intrested and maybe can help, I would really appreciate it and will post specs and sys infos. I am very sorry If I am incoherent and if there are any spelling issues It very late where I am from, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

Might be worth having a read here

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/

Laptop? Desktop?

No build up of fluff?  Thermal paste okay?

What av are you using?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#5 jurgizzzzz

jurgizzzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Might be worth having a read here

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/

Laptop? Desktop?

No build up of fluff?  Thermal paste okay?

What av are you using?

Sorry it took so long to post back was having some internet issues had to change my router, I had a look at it and will try to apply the fixes that don't require hardware changes to see if it may help, I have a desktop computer, from what I can tell not really plus as I checked the hard drive cable for issues a day back and at the same time cleaned and checked the GPU, I am also using CPUID to monitor the heat temps all seem to be okay except for the CPU cores, thermal paste on the GPU should be fine as it is 1 month old not sure about CPU haven't touched it in years, I am using A HDMI cable if that's what you are asking :)   also a few things happened since my last post which I found interesting after my post I read somewhere that people had this issue with specific games and other game would run just fine, so I tried launching The Witcher 3 and monitor the Temps of everything, it played without flaw GPU was at a steady 50*C no crashes or anything The CPU was around 40-50C but the cores were at around 60-65C from what I checked for my I5 2300 processor the temps are a bit high but nothing to horrible, also after letting it run for a while and not experiencing any errors I tried launching the game that the original error occurred on which was Heroes of the storm and they ran without fault for 12 hours while I was playing the game, after 12 hours I finally experienced another crash it was a black screen I could still hear sound and I could hear windows error which I assume was the driver-GPU crashing, I couldn't just restart the computer this time had to do a hard reset. After that computers been a lot more laggy and my physical memory usage was spiked and still is at around 50-99% at times, I am assuming its from the hard reset and might have the check the and maybe use chdsk just in case even though event log doesn't indicate any NTFS logs.

\

Sorry about the long respond time :) Here is the minitoolbox info

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 17-06-2016
Ran by UGABUGA (administrator) on 15-01-2017 at 01:56:38
Running from "C:\Users\UGABUGA\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)

Model: H61M-D2-B3 Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (01/14/2017 06:37:41 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: witcher3.exe, version: 3.0.9.64921, time stamp: 0x57bb1b3d
Faulting module name: witcher3.exe, version: 3.0.9.64921, time stamp: 0x57bb1b3d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e7b5c0
Faulting process id: 0xc24
Faulting application start time: 0xwitcher3.exe0
Faulting application path: witcher3.exe1
Faulting module path: witcher3.exe2
Report Id: witcher3.exe3

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:38 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: WerFault.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc2d9
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x74867374
Faulting process id: 0xfb0
Faulting application start time: 0xWerFault.exe0
Faulting application path: WerFault.exe1
Faulting module path: WerFault.exe2
Report Id: WerFault.exe3

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:32 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: NvTelemetryContainer.exe, version: 1.2.2136.3073, time stamp: 0x5827e7e2
Faulting process id: 0x7ac
Faulting application start time: 0xNvTelemetryContainer.exe0
Faulting application path: NvTelemetryContainer.exe1
Faulting module path: NvTelemetryContainer.exe2
Report Id: NvTelemetryContainer.exe3

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:31 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe, version: 8.1.0.1009, time stamp: 0x581863b4
Faulting process id: 0x71c
Faulting application start time: 0xFoxitConnectedPDFService.exe0
Faulting application path: FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe1
Faulting module path: FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe2
Report Id: FoxitConnectedPDFService.exe3

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:25 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: mscorsvw.exe, version: 4.6.1055.0, time stamp: 0x563c0e99
Faulting process id: 0x11c8
Faulting application start time: 0xmscorsvw.exe0
Faulting application path: mscorsvw.exe1
Faulting module path: mscorsvw.exe2
Report Id: mscorsvw.exe3

Error: (01/13/2017 04:33:59 PM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )
Description: The index cannot be initialized.
Details:     The content index catalog is corrupt.  (HRESULT : 0xc0041801) (0xc0041801)

Description: The application cannot be initialized.
Context: Windows Application
Details:    The content index catalog is corrupt.  (HRESULT : 0xc0041801) (0xc0041801)

Description: The gatherer object cannot be initialized.
Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:    The content index catalog is corrupt.  (HRESULT : 0xc0041801) (0xc0041801)

Description: The plug-in in <Search.TripoliIndexer> cannot be initialized.
Details:    Element not found.  (HRESULT : 0x80070490) (0x80070490)

Description: The plug-in in <Search.JetPropStore> cannot be initialized.

System errors:
=============
Error: (01/14/2017 06:06:42 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 6:04:21 PM on ‎1/‎14/‎2017 was unexpected.

Error: (01/14/2017 06:01:06 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7}

Error: (01/14/2017 01:47:16 AM) (Source: VDS Basic Provider) (User: )
Description: Unexpected failure. Error code: 490@01010004

Error: (01/13/2017 08:52:54 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Update service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

Error: (01/13/2017 08:28:36 PM) (Source: VDS Basic Provider) (User: )
Description: Unexpected failure. Error code: 490@01010004

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:38 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:38 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Foxit Reader Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

Error: (01/13/2017 08:13:20 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Modules Installer service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

Error: (01/13/2017 07:58:21 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200d: Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3078601).

Error: (01/13/2017 07:45:11 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200d: Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3156016).

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================

=========================== Installed Programs ============================
µTorrent (HKCU\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.9.43085 - BitTorrent Inc.)
7-Zip 16.04 (x64) (HKLM\...\7-Zip) (Version: 16.04 - Igor Pavlov)
Adobe Flash Player 23 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 23.0.0.207 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Ansel (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Ansel) (Version: 376.33 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
Battle.net (HKLM-x32\...\Battle.net) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
Castle Crashers (HKLM\...\Steam App 204360) (Version:  - The Behemoth)
CCleaner (HKLM\...\CCleaner) (Version: 5.25 - Piriform)
CPUID HWMonitor 1.30 (HKLM\...\CPUID HWMonitor_is1) (Version:  - )
CPUID HWMonitor Pro 1.27 (HKLM\...\CPUID HWMonitorPro_is1) (Version:  - )
CrystalDiskInfo 7.0.5 Shizuku Edition (HKLM-x32\...\CrystalDiskInfo_is1) (Version: 7.0.5 - Crystal Dew World)
DAEMON Tools Lite (HKLM-x32\...\DAEMON Tools Lite) (Version: 4.41.3.0173 - DT Soft Ltd)
Dark Souls III (HKLM-x32\...\Dark Souls III_is1) (Version:  - )
DiskCheckup v3.4 (HKLM-x32\...\DiskCheckup_is1) (Version: 3.4.1002 - PassMark Software)
Dont Starve Together (HKLM-x32\...\Dont Starve Together_is1) (Version:  - )
Dota 2 (HKLM\...\Steam App 570) (Version:  - Valve)
Foxit Reader (HKLM-x32\...\Foxit Reader_is1) (Version: 8.1.1.1115 - Foxit Software Inc.)
Geeks3D FurMark 1.18.2.0 (HKLM-x32\...\{2397CAD4-2263-4CD0-96BE-E43A980B9C9A}_is1) (Version:  - Geeks3D)
Heaven Benchmark version 4.0 (HKLM-x32\...\Unigine Heaven Benchmark (Basic Edition)_is1) (Version: 4.0 - Unigine Corp.)
Heroes of the Storm (HKLM-x32\...\Heroes of the Storm) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
HitmanPro 3.7 (HKLM\...\HitmanPro37) (Version: 3.7.15.281 - SurfRight B.V.)
Inno3D TunelT OC Utility version V1.0.0.008 (HKLM-x32\...\Inno3D TunelT OC Utility_is1) (Version: V1.0.0.008 - )
Intel® Processor Graphics (HKLM-x32\...\{F0E3AD40-2BBD-4360-9C76-B9AC9A5886EA}) (Version: 9.17.10.4229 - Intel Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (HKLM\...\{92FB6C44-E685-45AD-9B20-CADF4CABA132} - 1033) (Version: 4.6.01055 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (HKLM-x32\...\ENTERPRISE) (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030 (HKLM-x32\...\{ca67548a-5ebe-413a-b50c-4b9ceb6d66c6}) (Version: 11.0.61030.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.21005 (HKLM-x32\...\{7f51bdb9-ee21-49ee-94d6-90afc321780e}) (Version: 12.0.21005.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 (HKLM-x32\...\{050d4fc8-5d48-4b8f-8972-47c82c46020f}) (Version: 12.0.30501.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.21005 (HKLM-x32\...\{ce085a78-074e-4823-8dc1-8a721b94b76d}) (Version: 12.0.21005.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026 (HKLM-x32\...\{e46eca4f-393b-40df-9f49-076faf788d83}) (Version: 14.0.23026.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026 (HKLM-x32\...\{74d0e5db-b326-4dae-a6b2-445b9de1836e}) (Version: 14.0.23026.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
ModemTest V1.3 (HKLM-x32\...\ModemTest_is1) (Version:  - PassMark Software)
Mozilla Firefox 50.1.0 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Mozilla Firefox 50.1.0 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 50.1.0 - Mozilla)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (HKLM-x32\...\MozillaMaintenanceService) (Version: 50.1.0.6186 - Mozilla)
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 369.04 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.NVIRUSB) (Version: 369.04 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 376.33 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.3DVision) (Version: 376.33 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.2.0.96 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.GFExperience) (Version: 3.2.0.96 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 376.33 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.Driver) (Version: 376.33 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.34.17 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_HDAudio.Driver) (Version: 1.3.34.17 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.16.0318 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.PhysX) (Version: 9.16.0318 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NvNodejs (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_NvNodejs) (Version: 3.2.0.96 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NvTelemetry (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_NvTelemetry) (Version: 2.0.0.0 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
OSCheck V1.3 (HKLM-x32\...\OSCheck_is1) (Version:  - PassMark Software)
OSForensics (HKLM\...\OSForensics_is1) (Version:  - PassMark Software)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.6662 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Security Task Manager 2.1h (HKLM-x32\...\Security Task Manager) (Version: 2.1h - Neuber Software)
SHIELD Streaming (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_GFExperience.NvStreamSrv) (Version: 7.1.0350 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
SHIELD Wireless Controller Driver (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_ShieldWirelessController) (Version: 3.2.0.96 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
Skype™ 7.30 (HKLM-x32\...\{FC965A47-4839-40CA-B618-18F486F042C6}) (Version: 7.30.105 - Skype Technologies S.A.)
SpeedFan (remove only) (HKLM-x32\...\SpeedFan) (Version:  - )
Steam (HKLM-x32\...\Steam) (Version: 2.10.91.91 - Valve Corporation)
TechPowerUp GPU-Z (HKLM-x32\...\TechPowerUp GPU-Z) (Version:  - TechPowerUp)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (HKLM\...\dGhlZWxkZXJzY3JvbGxzdnNreXJpbXNwZWNpYWxlZGl0aW9u_is1) (Version: 1 - )
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition (HKLM\...\dGhld2l0Y2hlcjN3aWxkaHVudA_is1) (Version: 1 - )
VLC media player (HKLM\...\VLC media player) (Version: 2.2.4 - VideoLAN)
Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.26.0 (HKLM\...\VulkanRT1.0.26.0) (Version: 1.0.26.0 - LunarG, Inc.)
WinCDEmu (HKLM-x32\...\WinCDEmu) (Version: 4.1 - Sysprogs)
ZoneAlarm Antivirus (HKLM-x32\...\{1495BC2A-97B9-4C6E-BE73-FFCE5EB00F6C}) (Version: 15.0.139.17085 - Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.) Hidden
ZoneAlarm Firewall (HKLM-x32\...\{0DB65A9A-2AA7-4CFE-BC87-4C159559F4C8}) (Version: 15.0.139.17085 - Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.) Hidden
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall (HKLM-x32\...\ZoneAlarm Free Firewall) (Version: 15.0.139.17085 - Check Point)
ZoneAlarm Security (HKLM-x32\...\{4552CC32-D1DD-492B-AEAC-6233A709345E}) (Version: 15.0.139.17085 - Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.) Hidden

========================= Memory info: ===================================
Percentage of memory in use: 54%
Total physical RAM: 4079.48 MB
Available physical RAM: 1850.8 MB
Total Virtual: 8157.18 MB
Available Virtual: 4934.8 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================
1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:931.41 GB) (Free:780.63 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================
User accounts for \\TAGYL

Administrator            Guest                    UGABUGA                  

**** End of log ****

And here is speccy Info:  http://speccy.piriform.com/results/p8nz82a4ep5qme0uQvzAo75

Also as I said above I am experiencing a lot of physical memory usage from 50%-99% and the computer becomes very clunky at times with programs becoming unresponsive for a few second, I could post a resource monitor screen cap both both memory and disk usage seem a bit weird or faulty to me.

Mod Edit:  Removed unrequested data of questionable value - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

Looking at your descriptions of all the fiddling in the registry which you have done...IMO, the best choice would be to just clean install.  Fiddling in the registry is not something that should be done without properly documenting the changes that are made.

Current install is approximately 5 weeks old and the energy to undo whatever you may have done...IMO, is not worth the effort that such would take, if possible.

With a clean install...one can troubleshoot issues cleanly, when they occur...and then backtrack to where the problems may lie.  I don't think that's possible here.

You have a svchost process with max RAM usage of 2.27GB .  Clearly, something is amiss with that type of RAM usage and needs investigation.

You have IE 8 installed, which is unacceptable as a browser in good standing.

This situation of yours...can probably best be handled by doing a clean install and troubleshooting issues properly, as they occur, when they occur...without fiddling around with the Windows registry.

Others here may take a different view.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users