I have windows 8.1 on a dual Xeon machine on an Asus Z9PA-D8 mobo.
Windows explorer and device manager show AMI virtual drives which I don't use and they are a nuisance frankly.
- I don't have any physical CD/DVD, Floppy or removable drives and I have not mounted any virtual CD-Rom with the likes of PowerIso or daemon Tools etc.
- I've tried to disable AND unistall them in device manager but keep reappearing after a reboot.
- Although seem to be linked to AMI bios judging for their name in device manager, I cannot find any switch in Bios to disable them.
- I cannot either remove them from Disk Management since there are no volumes present.
- There are no applications installed in "add/remove programs" that suggest this behavior.
How can I remove them for good ?
Edited by palosanto, 13 January 2017 - 05:51 PM.