Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 BSOD today while playing Eve online on clean win10 install

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ProzacR

ProzacR

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

· OS - Windows 10 x64
· What was original installed OS on system?

win vista I still remember on it before countless upgrades
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?

Build from parts and upgraded numerous times
· Age of system (hardware)

Different, CPU really old
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?

Yes, reinstalled yesterday

· CPU Intell Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
· Video Card GeForce GTX 55 Ti
· MotherBoard Asus P5QL/EPU
· Power Supply 500 W IMO, not sure, ask again I will open up to check if very important.

· Desktop

BSODs limited to games only so I suspect video card. When I do office or browse net I never get BSOD. Same was on win7 days ago, so I did Win10 install in attempt to fix issue, but still same.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Heat sink is ?

Max load cpu temps are ?

Max load gpu temps are ?

No dust in the case ?

Case ventilation is good ?

What kind of stress testing have you done on your hardware or diagnostics ?

Yes 100% knowing what the psu is would help.

Doing the following would be of help too if you don't mind.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

#3 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Here system info:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IjhDTZKe6rAgmU60E4ZafrI

I used Furmark to push GPU temp to 80-81 C, fan ~49% and CPU to 83-84 C.

And I will open case on morning for dust clean up and PSU model and I will make another post.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

http://ark.intel.com/products/33922/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q9300-6M-Cache-2_50-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

T'case meaning max recommended temp for your cpu is 71c and your talking about 83~84c so im guessing stock Intel cooler, as for gpu sadly i don't know anywhere to get max temp info on that topic but the ballpark number people all way seem to say when it comes to this is just keep it under 90c.

Idle temp of 60c is horrid as well for your cpu, and if your seeing 84c is that even with a cpu stress test ?

Furmark is made as a openGL test for your video hardware though it will use the cpu as well its not really made as a cpu testing app.

As well check for lose heat sink or dust in the hole when your in their checking the PSU.

Normally i ask people to stress test their cpu to check for heat but at the same time i all so tell them to stop if they see the 80c zone or so depending on what cpu were talking about and your all ready talking about 85c so i think i know what the problem is.

#5 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

This morning I opened case and cleaned it up at least on top of video card and all coolers also did windows update.

Unfortunately stickers on PSU are not visible when it is in place. If problem persists I will unscrew it from box to check.

CPU cooler is with Intel logo.

With case opened I get idle CPU sth like 49 C.

BTW Furmark has CPU burner button now.

I think I will try to play with case opened and check where temperatures go then.

Big thanks CPU temp on game now 60-65 C, seems fixed.

Edited by ProzacR, 14 January 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:38 AM

Id spend like $30 on a cooler if i were you, the stock cooler blows and 65C still sucks seeing as the limit for your cpu is 70c or whatever is it, and ya if keeping the case open fixs the probem then it was a just bad case cooling.

#7 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Up until now I played and still no BSOD.
Thanks, I will still consider another cooler as after clean up with case closed idle CPU temperature dropped ~5C.

Edited by ProzacR, 14 January 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

This one bin popular with hardware forums with overclockers for years and is the old go to cooler for cheap for years for meny, it shame your stock Intel cooler.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Besides that if your using a old stile case with suck case cooling i would ghetto mode the thing with a jigsaw and make holes in it if it came down to it and slap up some 120" fans or something like.

Edited by shadow_647, 14 January 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#9 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

I remembered that I have old Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz machine, and went inside to check CPU cooler. Pretty much same like mine heh. But then spotted that it has some crappy case cooler too. So I scavenged it and moved to my new box. Now with all 4 fans idle CPU is in 48-50 C range. I think I will see for week or so how it goes on gaming load with setup like that.

#10 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

I got another BSOD yesterday and today purchased "Deepcool Cammaxx 400". Thanks God installation went well even when I had no experience changing cooler. That new thing is large. CPU temp now as low as 44 C. :) One issue that I can not close box haha. I think I will get some metal cutting help with hole into it.

#11 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

Your back ^^

Ya i have the same problem, i have a old old case " like 25 years old" and theirs no way i could get a cooler like that in my box too if i tried, at the moment i have a 20 year old liquid cooler setup too, need to look in to it too, something up with it.

Maybe its time for a new case ?

#12 ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Nah money again. I asked for help and got this hole in case lid:
http://imgur.com/a/LYBxN

Bellow 40 C now on idle, right after boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users