Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU load rises 15 percent when I move my mouse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cupofsoup

cupofsoup

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

This one, I have never seen before. I heard my GPU fans working a bit harder than usual today, and I couldn't figure out what it was. So I closed Chrome, closed any app using a great amount of memory, and went to the system monitor I have on my desktop. I noticed that EVERY SINGLE TIME I move my mouse (Razer Naga Chroma), the (brand new!) GPU load shoots up as high as 15 percent! I'm talking, one inch of mouse movement. Here's what I have done so far:

• Restart
  • Switched USB ports
  • Switched mice
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver
  • Screamed bloody murder
  • Closed/uninstalled/reinstalled Razer Synapse
  • Made sure GPU driver was up to date
  • Made sure mouse driver was up to date

Below are my specs:

• ASUS GeForce 1060 3 gb
  • Intel 6700 @ 3.4 ghz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit

And this computer is hardly a month old.

Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: I also ran scans with MalwareBytes and Kaspersky; all clean. 

Edited by cupofsoup, 13 January 2017 - 02:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Odd, all i know is that newer versions of windows past winXP use the gpu for the desktop, more then that i dont know if that's normal or not.

Could mess with this and see what happens.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/does-disabling-aero-really-improve-performance-in-windows-7

Edited by shadow_647, 13 January 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#3 cupofsoup

cupofsoup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

Odd, all i know is that newer versions of windows past winXP use the gpu for the desktop, more then that i dont know if that's normal or not.

Could mess with this and see what happens.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/does-disabling-aero-really-improve-performance-in-windows-7

Not applicable to Windows 10, but thank you for the response. 

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

AH i see your in win10, probably the same deal though "best guess" , winXP or older dousen't  use the gpu, vista or newer it douse.

Don't know my self what needs to be done in win10 to 100% disable it from using the gpu, i know i looked in to stopping win10 at one point from locking vsink on and it was hell with all most no fixs

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users