Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to recover files from "frozen" Lenovo Yoga 8" Tablet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jaja67893

jaja67893

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hello all, I'd appreciate any help with this, and thanks in advance.

Lenovo Yoga 8" Tablet (First generation - B6000). Tablet froze, but it restarted normally when I plugged in the charger. Thought it was a one-off fluke; but now after searching online, I see that the freezing was a common issue for many people.

It crashed once again, before I could backup some files; this time, it wouldn't start, even after plugging in charger. It "freezes" on the LENOVO start screen. I have searched and read a lot online - it gets into recovery mode, but it won't start after choosing either "Normal" or "Safe" boots. Only other choice is to factory reset, which will erase everything (Hard Boot I think?)

I have several files - text files/articles I've written and some pictures - that I haven't backed up & would hate to lose. Yes, i know, my fault. I used to back-up by connecting to PC and copy-pasting files to PC. But now when I connect to my PC, it makes the Windows USB device connection sound, but does not show up in Explorer. Have tried several times, taken out all other drives, etc - but to no avail.

Questions:

1) Does anyone know of any other way to get it to boot up normally (i.e. not factory reset, which would erase all files)?

2) Is there any other way of getting it to show up in Explorer when connected to PC, so I can copy/paste the files?

3) If not, is it possible to open the tablet and access the memory inside that is storing the files? Is it like an SD card, that can be taken out and use a card reader to access files on it?

Again, any suggestions/help/advice is truly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users