Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating my 1st own PC - Help with fitting parts

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 adi022000

adi022000

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi!

I am planning my new PC - And as it's going to be my first one, I truly want to ask a few questions to make sure everything will fit just like it ought to. i will use it mostly to play games.
So, the parts i think would be great are:

- Case: Be Quiet! Silent Base 800

- PSU: Be Quiet! System Power 8 | 500W

- RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black, DDR4, 8GB (2x 4GB)

- Harddisc: Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB

I think these are good ones, but I would really appriciate any suggestions.

I need help with:

- GPU

- CPU

- Motherboard

And a question:
Do I have  / Is it recommented to get a CPU cooler, or the fans inside the case are enough?

Money I would like to spend on the rest (Case, PSU, RAM and harddisc excluded) 500$

Edited by adi022000, 13 January 2017 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

You need some kind of CPU cooler definitely. One that comes with CPU or some other.

For CPU/GPU/Motherboard, same story. Wait until AMD Ryzen is released. Should be available somewhere around start of March.

#3 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Well, ok. But any hints about choosing the "best one" - I mean like most important features to look for or something

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

For Ryzen CPU, motherboard and CPU cooler, quite impossible to tell right now.

If you want system right now, then it's different story.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

How much money are you prepared to spend on this system?

Do you anticipate a desire to play newer games as they come forth?

Louis

#6 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

I don't want system right now - I have to collect money first.

Edited by adi022000, 13 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#7 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

As written up- After excluding Disc, Case, RAM and PSU i would like to close it up in about 500$.

It would be nice to be able to play newer gamer, but I will be happy if games like "No Man's Sky" or "Witcher 3" ran smoothly on higher graphical settings.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

What's your current system?

It might be smarter to just upgrade a few components...rather than think "new system".

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#9 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I started a thread couple weeks ago asking how can I upgrade my HP Pro Compaq 6200 - It's very hard, almost impossible. So I just decided that I will create a whole new setup - hardware and software. System will be windows 10 or 7, but 64bit for sure.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

IF...I wanted to build a system with gaming in mind...I'd plan on a budget in excess of $500.

An inexpensive but effective CPU will probably be in the $120 range...see Sample Opinions.

GPUs vary in price and opinion.  My suggestion would be to not consider what most here might recommend or suggest...but do a little research and see what you can afford. Start .

Cases I always think are unimportant (I don't game, I don't fantasize that my system is a Maserati) so I don't spend much on those.

PSUs...lots of good PSUs out there.  I see that you have done some research on Be Quiet products (as I did a few months ago)...I can't say that I am partial to any particular brand but I would look for something meeting the at least the Bronze standard.  See.

I don't know anything about gamer preferences when it comes to motherboards...others here do.

An SSD seems to be a must...the pricing today is reasonable and you really only need one large enough for O/S and programs.  Games and other data can be installed on a secondary hard drive (inlcuding your current drive).

I have no idea how you determined that you want DDR4 RAM when you haven't a CPU...life is full of mysteries :).  I suggest you rethink that.

Others here can give you much better suggestions and ideas...I just felt compelled to start the ball rolling :).

Louis

#11 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

There's the screen you told me to do: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/fZH0Gq46yQjxJU418Zlq5Jo

Ok, thanks for your respond. I will read it for sure. You know, i'm still newbie (16y old), so all tips & tricks are nice. Thanks once again, now i'm going to read all of the information you prepared for me :)

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#12 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Consider

1) RAM has to match the motherboard & the motherboard has to be suitable for the CPU, so you cannot sensibly choose the RAM until after you have chosen the CPU & motherboard.

2) Case has to be a suitable size for the chosen motherboard - and possibly also the graphics card(s) and CPU cooler (although size preference & graphics card plans will affect motherboard selection, )

3 PSU has to be of sufficient capacity for the finished machine (including the graphics card(s) which could have very substantial power requirements, although probably not in your case because of your budget).

So I think you are starting your planning the wrong way round.

(and all current PC CPUs require a CPU cooler)

Edited by rqt, 14 January 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#13 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:54 AM

Some kind od update: these are parts I Think may be ok:
GPU: GTX 1060 OC 6GB DDR5
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500, 3.2GHz, 6MB, BOX
Mother Board: MSI H110M PRO-VD, H110

These are just ideal for my budget, so Any other update will have to worse other parts. As I have done research:
PSU has 80% Plus Standard;
Case matches mother board standard;
PSU has enough juice to supply everything;

Please correct me If I am wrong, or tell any better parts.

PS. I decided to pick DDR4 not DDR3 RAM, because the price diffrence is about 20PLN, so about 5$.

Edited by adi022000, 14 January 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#14 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

"PS. I decided to pick DDR4 not DDR3 RAM, because the price diffrence is about 20PLN, so about 5$."

You did not actually have a choice here - your chosen motherboard requires DDR4

The case is full ATX size, & while your chosen Micro ATX will fit in there will be loads of empty space in there so you could use a much smaller & cheaper case - I don't see the point of paying for a premium case to put a budget PC into. Personally I'd be putting a large chunk of that case money into something more useful (SSD, more ram, better graphics card, larger hard drive, better motherboard, faster CPU, larger PSU - anything other than an expensive oversized case). If you must have the case then I'd be wanting a full sized ATX motherboard to go in it (and yes I do like lots of space, I do have a premium ATX tower case - which has served for several builds now - but it does contain a full ATX motherboard board with the expansion possibilities that gives me).

In my opinion there are only 2 reasons to choose a micro ATX motherboard - either you want a smallish PC or you want to keep costs to a minimum. You are doing neither.

Edited by rqt, 14 January 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#15 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Any suggestions? A nice smaller case or better ATX motherboard?

I picked this case because I heard that it's noiseless and I just really liked the design ;)

Edited by adi022000, 14 January 2017 - 07:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users