Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by drive.bat virus and infects every usb inserted into laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

I knew how to prevent these kind of viruses, just that someone inserted his infected usb into my laptop and opened the shortcut.

So, this drive.bat virus, when the file in the usb is deleted, it reinstalls itself. Also it is a bat file that redirects to a .js file and executes it there, whenever these viruses are deleted or even edited, they are changed immediately, so I can't remove them from the usb.

How do you delete this? I am a windows 10 user, please tell me if you need more info

NOTE: Also MSCONFIG and REGEDIT are closed immediately upon opening due to the virus, so can't work from there. I don't know if there are more programs locked by the virus. I didn't test out enough

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:50 AM

Upon further research, I was able to remove it.

Thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users