I'm hoping to purchase a new HDTV, and would like to be able to use the TV to watch video from my PC (with Win10 Home, 64-bit). If anyone can help me figure out the easiest way to do that, I would appreciate the help.
I've attached a pic of my available connections. When all my cables are plugged in, the unused ports are one USB 3.0 connection and the VGA port. My graphics card is onboard my processor - AMD A10 with Radeon HD 7660D, so I do not not have an HDMI port. I use the DVI connector to run video to my current monitor, which also has a VGA input. The monitor does not have speakers, so I use a USB port to power external speakers, and the green Audio-Out port for sound.
Options / Questions:
- I've looked into the USB 3.0 to HDMI "external graphics" devices, but I can't figure out if sound would be included (and if not included, how to get sound to the TV).
- I see some TVs that say "PC Input" via the VGA port. Will this deliver HD-1080p video? If not, is there a workaround? This option would still require sound output from the PC.
- If I switch my current monitor to use the VGA port, could use a DVI to HDMI adapter to run video to the TV? My sound card PC has a Digital Output (S/PDIF) option. Will that be broadcast to the TV through the DVI to HDMI connection? So, each time I wanted to watch video on the TV, I'd have to switch the sound output options on the PC.
- I don't believe Chromecast will work for me. I watch Amazon video with Firefox. I also watch Netflix and Xfinity / Comcast TV via their websites - both of which work best with Internet Explorer. In fact, the Xfinity/Comcast site ONLY work on IE11 on my machine, for some reason. If there are other "casting" or wifi / bluetooth broadcast options that would work, I haven't discovered them.
- I see some HDTVs come with browsers pre-installed, several with Opera. Might that be an option for the sites I listed above?
Bottom line, I would like to be able to use an HDTV to watch the streaming services I currently watch on my PC. And, prefereably, do that with no configuration or one-time configuration. For instance, I'd rather not have to readjust my display properties / resolution, audio properties, audio device, display device, etc., each time I want to use the TV. Then, have to switch all the settings back to use the PC.
Is that possible? Thanks for any advice you can give, either on PC-output options or HDTV features to look for. If you need any more specs about my PC, please let me know.