Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to save an .oxps (XPS VIEWER) file to another format like jpg or pdf

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

For those of you who have Gift Cards tucked away somewhere - "expert advice" is to keep them in a safe place but I'm not sure where that would be since as it is even if you have them locked in a vault in Fort Knox the funds can be stolen by a thief who scans or writes down card numbers etc. and then wait for someone to purchase and activate the cards.

I am in the process of filing a dispute about just such an event with the State's Attorney General as the con artists who sold the car won't replace it even though THEY CHOSE to approve charges made by someone who did not have the card in their possession.   I discovered the theft when the card was turned down so I logged onto the site and it showed the funds were all used on 3 different occasions at two different gas stations - looks like for food or something.  

I captured the page that showed the charge particulars, where and when and amount and so forth NOT KNOWING I wouldn't be able to access the page in the future because the card company shut it down (I wish they had been so diligent BEFORE the money was stolen) or I might have tried to save it to something more standard than .oxps file extension.

I have sent copies of all the documents to the State's Attorney General but they wrote to say they can't open the oxps file.    There doesn't seem to be any way that I KNOW OF to save it with screen capture.  They asked me for a PDF but the others were JPG and they opened those so that works too.

ANY IDEAS  ?

Edited by JayJax, 12 January 2017 - 09:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Not sure if it will help, but you might post the name of the card...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Not sure if it will help, but you might post the name of the card...

It was a generic Mastercard Gift Card, not one of the retailers.

MAYBE I can print out the page (haven't tried it yet) and scan it and save it as a .jpg?

Think I will give that a try not sure why I hadn't considered it sooner.

Edited by JayJax, 13 January 2017 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users