Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP S2031 Monitor Off & On Not Working Good?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tomsbc

tomsbc

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hello Everyone,  My HP S2031 Monitor has a switch up and under the front of it. lately it is very hard to get it to turn off and on. i cleaned it and it worked a few times now its back to where i have to sit here and keep pushing it up to go off and it dont want to go off, the same thing with on. is there anything i can do to get this to work when i press it once again? Thank You, ps its only less than two years old too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

Why do the turn on, turn off routine? Your monitor only uses 1 watt in sleep mode & only 1/2 watt in off mode. It goes back to full power, 37 watts when you start your computer up.

I never totally power down my monitors, TVs, or other equipment, unless I'm going to be gone for an extended while. 

Thank You, ps its only less than two years old too.

On another note that monitor came with a 1 year warranty, but if you purchased it with a major credit card, Visa, Mastercard etc you might just have a 2 year warranty.

Most major card companies will double a products warranty for up to an additional year. Years ago I had a VCR repaired under the extended warranty my card purchase gave me.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users