Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best way to backup emails on mac?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fontanejohnny

fontanejohnny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I am looking for a backup solution for all the emails on different email clients on mac. Can all the emails be backed up at once, automatically?

I am not a big fan of Time Machine, it consumes to much time and causes system performance to lag.

Please suggest something better. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Well if you take a minute and look down the list of topics on this forum you'll find the answer. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

My see if any of these threads help:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/633500/what-is-the-quickest-method-to-backup-all-email-clients-on-mac/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629786/how-to-backup-all-the-apple-mail-emails-with-attachments/

You can also tweak Time Machine to be a bit less of a pain. Apple only has its default settings such that it will backup on the schedule that Apple dictates. This schedule tends to mean that Time Machine will frequently run when you are using the computer, which then can cause the computer to slow down while you use it.  You can, however, use third party applications to pick a more resource friendly schedule. I use TimeMachineEditor to do this. I then set it to only backup once a day in the middle of the night when I am not using my computer.  Personally, I like Time Machine for backing up emails (as well as other things) as it does it pretty well.  And if you set it to run like once a day (or week) with a third party app, then it will run a lot better (after the first time you run it...the first time you run it, it will take forever, but after that it should be much quicker unless you add a TON of new files).

#4 fontanejohnny

fontanejohnny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for providing a variety of solutions guys, I am going with application use http://www.mailbackupx.com/, as it seemed quite useful to me.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users