Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Needs To Close

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ifitisntonethingitsanother

Ifitisntonethingitsanother

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

Hello,
I have been encountering this error periodically while on the internet. It seems to have begun 2 days ago after purchasing the new Norton internet security package and installing the download.
I get the message that Internet explorer has ensountered a problem and needs to close. When I click on the details it will tell me it is an iexplorer.exe error
and the associated file that is being reported is some variation of
C:\Docsand settings\owners\locals\temp\a677_appcompat.txt
the preceding file code is different such as 8a18_appcompat.txt but always this application compatibility .txt file.
There is also an extensive list of modules after this information:
Appname: iexplorer.exe Appver: 6.0.2900.2180 Modname: Unknown
Mod Ver:0.0.0.0 offset: 0482aa91

Syst inf
Windows NT5.1 Build: 2600
CPU Vendor code 756E 6547-49656E69-6c65746E
CPU version 000006DB CPU Feature code AFE9FBFT
Module 1 iexplore.exe
module2 NTDLLl.dll
Module3 kernel32.dll
module4 msvert.dll
module5 user32.dll
module6 GDI32.dll
Module7 SHLWTPI.dll
Module8 advapI32.dll
there is muchmore but this is an example.
Please let me know if this can be fixed. I do not have an XP disc. my notebook came with a restore hardrive D: and I have made system restore dvds in the event of a total system restart.
Thanks.
ps miraculously IE hasn't needed to close while I was typing this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users