Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1800MumDad

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hi all,

At first I thought this may be an emergency "Call Home" service, I have had 2 calls from them, but looking into them they do not seem to exist ??

I did the usual online search, and settled for the Whirlpool Forum (all others gave 404 Not Found responses).

Yes I do have an adult child who I thought may be in trouble, but I am unable to contact them, so I assumed it may be legit.

Has any, mainly Australian (or otherwise), had these calls, with a brief recorded message or are they Rogue Companies scamming your cell phone account and taking money out some way. I only have a "Flip Phone" that is not linked to any computer or other device at all..

The number that showed up was 0390059892 (2) . This number is totally unknown, and I wondered if I can report it to somebody.

Thanks.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,680 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

I have no idea whether 1800MumDad is still functioning, as you say the website doesn't resolve.

https://www.telcoedge.com.au/solutions/1800mumdad

The (03) phone number comes up as automated surveys from ReachTEL:

http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0390059892/2/

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Thanks Platypus,

I suppose a call to my carrier (Optus) and I may need to follow up from there.

All I get at all links are 404 did not resolve errors, so it may be a scam now. Just post it under "Warnings" and see what I can turn up..

Again, Thanks for looking..

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,680 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

No worries, hope it helps.

And incidentally, I'm p1atypus on whirlpool.net.au

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users