Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Computer Running Slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MM208

MM208

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hi all. In my first post here I described issues that made me think I was infected with something. I eventually found a couple of things (I think) but I still basically have the same issues. Everything I do is slow/sluggish. Moving photos, opening folders, viewing pictures, browsing, email, it's all slow and sluggish. If I move a photo it stops halfway and sits for a second or two. If I go to open a picture it goes to the screen but the picture comes up seconds later or times out. If I am in my Firefox browser and click on an email it sits there and does nothing. I have to click again. If I write an email the cursor lags. I just got some Windows updates and restarted the pc. I had an error come up that I didn't catch right away. It was about something not being executable. I'm thinking I'm better off just reinstalling Windows but I have never done this without an actual disk in hand. I don't know if I even need to do it but I'm pulling my hair out and don't know what else to do. One more thing I've noticed is that my desktop icons flash. They don't blink, they just seem to flash every now and then.

Edited by MM208, 11 January 2017 - 04:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

When referring to infections you say ''I eventually found a couple of things'' but give no details.

Because of the issues you mention that are happening, it may be a good idea to consider posting in one of the malware removal help areas of the forum

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

or

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#3 MM208

MM208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

Okay. Thanks.

#4 TornadoAMR

TornadoAMR

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

After you get your computer checked for malware, you could run the following CMD commands:

CHKDSK (it will check your HDD or SSD for certain errors).

sfc /scannow (it will check Windows files and important files and attempts to repair them if any errors are found).

You can also run Windows Disk Clean-Up to clean some temporary and unneeded files :)

#5 MM208

MM208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

I've already done all of that. I had originally posted in the malware section and I opened that thread up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users