Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TP link ethernet ping cmd window problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmcnizzle

jmcnizzle

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

So im using a tp link ethernet plug and had problems with disconnects so i follow the instructions of this video

This basically sets up a constant ping by creating a .bat file and using task scheduler to start it on start up which it does.

Problem is to hide it in the background.

He says to create a VBS file and use task scheduler to start it, here is the text in the VBS file(path will be where the VBS file is located) but it still wont hide

Dim WinScriptHost
Set WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\PATH\TO\FILE" & Chr(34), 0
Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

Another guy in the comments mentioned this to help hide the cmd window, which i also have done but also doesnt work

"creating a new Scheduled Task, linking it to C:\Windows\system32\PING.EXE, adding the parameters -t xxx.xxx.x.x into the schedule avoids all problems with the Cmd screen."

Maybe i done this schedule wrong, he didn't give much info.

Anyways if someone could help me hide the cmd window it would be awesome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Not to discredit your idea, but wouldn't it be easier/better to just stop it from going idle to begin with? Seems to be a issue with the power saving mode as mentioned on page 3 of manual. What model adapter is it? If the AV200, try some of the instructions found here to download and use the SwitchPowerSaveTool.

Edited by Trikein, 11 January 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#3 jmcnizzle

jmcnizzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:27 AM

Oh sweet cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users