Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lines running down monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vorpike

Vorpike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

As seen in picture, and no, those aren't the kind of lines when you take pictures of a screen a certain way. I have 3 monitors and all are fine except for this one, which goes through displayport to VGA adapter (the others are HDMI and DVI active to VGA). This happens with two different displayport to VGA adapters and two different VGA cables, can anyone else me with this?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:24 AM

I assume you're describing the alternating light/dark striations or banding across the screen? Since you say running down the monitor, does that mean they move down the screen like ripples? If so, then it's probably a fault in the power supply board, or if that monitor uses an external power brick, in that.

Either way such a fault would be likely to be bad electrolytic capacitors, but since an external power brick can't generally be opened up, a replacement PSU would probably solve the problem. If the mains goes straight into the monitor, then often replacement of the capacitors on the PSU board isn't too difficult to do.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users