Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo paper for my printer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andrew101

andrew101

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

Hello All,

First, I would like to thank you for reading my post. Recently I purchased HP Sprocket Photo Printer for photo printing and I forgot to ask about paper quality for printer. I don't know which photo paper is suitable to print high quality photo images.

I need help regarding this issue, otherwise I need to go for market area which is very far from my village.

I am looking for early replies.

Thanks & Regards,
Andrew

Edited by hamluis, 21 February 2017 - 09:40 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hello Andrew and welcome to BC!

It is best to use the HP paper that is specially made for this printer. It is coated and will create excellent photos. This is a specialty printer, so I am not sure if other brands of paper will work in it. The quality of the HP paper will produce excellent results.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

HP would like you to think that their printer will only work with their papers.  Most  replacements from other sources will do in most cases but for consistence of quality use HP papers.  For the professional,  HP papers and ink cartridges are a must but for just everyday use by the home user will do fine with refilled ink and non-OEM papers. 

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

The printer that the OP is using is not the ordinary inkjet we are used to that accepts standard 8.5x11 or 3x5; best to check carefully that the paper HP uses is standard size for that type. If using a 3rd party paper, make sure that paper will fit in the HP Sprocket.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 andrew101

andrew101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

Hello Andrew and welcome to BC!

It is best to use the HP paper that is specially made for this printer. It is coated and will create excellent photos. This is a specialty printer, so I am not sure if other brands of paper will work in it. The quality of the HP paper will produce excellent results.

Hi Ranchhand, 

Thank you for your help. Can I buy this paper from HP website or from other sellers?

I am new to this and haven't made any purchase for printers online. Suggest me some online sellers for HP photo paper. Here I have found some listed below:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/mlp/ink--toner---paper/paper

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Multipurpose-Bright-Sheets-112000/dp/B00005UKAX

http://www.target.com/p/hp-500ct-all-in-one-printer-paper/-/A-14488464

http://www.goinkjet.co.uk/inkjet-photo-paper-1443-c.asp

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Multipurpose-Paper-96-Brightness-20-lb-8-1-2-x-11-White-500-Sheets/4541605

I am not sure which one is good for my printer. 

#6 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

The papers you have linked to are mostly 8.5" x 11". Your tiny printer requires 2" x 3" so these papers will not fit. You need something like these:-

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Sticky-Backed-Photo-W4Z13A-Sheets/dp/B01LW1AL6Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1484209198&sr=1-1&keywords=hp+zink

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/accessories-88342--1/hp-zink%C2%AE-sticky-backed-photo-paper-20-sht-2-x-3-in-w4z13a

I would expect that trying to cut down larger sheets could well cause major problems when printing.

#7 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

This is a new product on the market so your choice of vendors will be limited to HP. Once this becomes popular, the large discount chains will start stocking this size and thickness at discounted prices. Until then HP is going to stab you on ink and paper because you have no where else to go.

One suggestion you might check out: get one pack of paper and then look at generic brands of photo paper of that same thickness.  There is no reason why you cannot cut down the paper to the proper size yourself, but be extremely careful to get it exactly correct, and do not use a thicker paper since it might damage the printer. Photo inkjet papers can come in varying thicknesses and you want the identical thickness. 

These papers used for photo printing are not normal, white copy paper used in business; they have a special coating applied so that the ink from the printer does not soak into the paper and the results are washed-out colors and blurry edges (not good resolution).

#8 andrew101

andrew101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

This is a new product on the market so your choice of vendors will be limited to HP. Once this becomes popular, the large discount chains will start stocking this size and thickness at discounted prices. Until then HP is going to stab you on ink and paper because you have no where else to go.

One suggestion you might check out: get one pack of paper and then look at generic brands of photo paper of that same thickness.  There is no reason why you cannot cut down the paper to the proper size yourself, but be extremely careful to get it exactly correct, and do not use a thicker paper since it might damage the printer. Photo inkjet papers can come in varying thicknesses and you want the identical thickness. 

These papers used for photo printing are not normal, white copy paper used in business; they have a special coating applied so that the ink from the printer does not soak into the paper and the results are washed-out colors and blurry edges (not good resolution).

Okay thank you. I did purchase on the HP website and currently is not available with other dealers. My printer is working fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users