Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless USB to USB device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

I'm trying to find a device that connects to one USB and then can wireless send to another USB. I would think it would be similar to the little bluetooth dongle used to connect a mouse and keyboard wirelessly to your computer but just have a dongle on each side so both ends can send and recieve. As everything is wireless nowadays and USB is everywhere you can imagine that when trying to search for such a device I found everything but what I was actually looking for. Help in finding such a device would be helpful. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to find a device that connects to one USB and then can wireless send to another USB.

Device? Is this PC-to-PC communication/transfer?

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

The problem is that USB needs a CPU, that's why it is backed by Intel.

What exactly are you looking to accomplish.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

The problem is that USB needs a CPU, that's why it is backed by Intel.

Agreed.

That why too when USB first showed it face it sucked, use to drain the cpu something bad when using it or if the cpu was loaded up the USB would lag hard.

And ya what ya trying to do a lan with USB ? why would you want to do that.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

Maybe one can just use on-board wireless device and use something like super-beam or some like program. Guess speeds have factors as modem/router, on-board wifi card capabilities and storage write speeds.

I have a couple wireless USB devices but never thought about connecting them. Can use them as servers and leave em running on cheap bleeping wall-chargers indefinately; storage depends on size of micro SD cards.

I currently use superbeam (not advertising) and I get 10+ Mbps send/receive. Comes in handy when transferring data from mobile devices and other PCs and like devices (without tethering > "killing" ports that are designed to fail with over-use ..hahahaha.. However I am using a old bleep router and and we only use our mobile ports far charging. :) >>> Have some wireless chargers (QI?) but I hated the heat and discarded the idea > more "kililling" >.

Other methods of transferring data but one would consider the wireless protocol or p2p (WiFi direct or other), expectations and user-friendly?... not always the case but getting better daily.

If I can do it; Anyone can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users