Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GET Help In windows 10 Bing Spam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Subliminalrise

Subliminalrise

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Hi there

The problem presents itself slightly differently depending on whether or not wifi is switched on.

When wifi is switched on, the machine boots to a normal desktop but opens Chrome (default browser) and opens a tab at the following address:

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=528882

which redirects here:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=get+help+in+windows+10&filters=guid:"e15d6c04-9468-42d6-ac77-04790a83f82d"%20lang:"en-gb"&form=S00028

(bing search results page for the search string "get help in windows 10")

Another identical tab will open, then another, and another, and another.

If I close the browser it opens again and starts opening multiple identical tabs again.

It will do this until the machine crashes.

The only way to stop it is by turning wifi off.

With wifi off, another problem presents:

The Windows 10 "Get Started" guide opens on the page "GET CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET"

I close it opens again.

I click another window, it quickly reverts back, on and on in a loop.

The computer really can't be used in any real sense with WiFi on.

Please help me resolve this issue.
I am clueless about how I can fix this problem.

Let me know what you need to help me out with this

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Welcome to BC....

First...if you have a modem separate from the router...plug the computer directly into the modem. If the problem still exists then

doing that will mean the problem is on the computer and not some malware in the router.

If it is not a problem with the router then try this.....

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users