Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Sound Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doomgu

Doomgu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hello, recently I've been having a sound issue with my MSI GE70 Apache Pro-012 17.3-Inch Laptop. I got it recently, on Christmas in fact and it ran perfectly with no issues until around a week ago. There was a mandatory Windows 10 update that forced my device to restart and update due to how much time I had neglected the update for. This update took a long while, about an hour or two and when my computer was functional again I decided to use it. Though, I discovered that the sound sounded off. It's extremely hard to explain but it's more or less like I'm listening to the audio from low quality computer speakers even though I have high quality headphones on. I tried multiple headphones but it was the same problem each time. I figured that it could be the audio driver so I decided to see if one needed an update or something. Sure enough it detected that the driver was out of date so I used the automatic update driver function that it offered

This is where it gets really strange.

I went into chrome with my newly updated audio driver and the video driver now had problems. Random black triangles popped up over my screen and the screen flashed between the visuals and a completely black screen. Eventually my computer bluescreened due to "VIDEO_DVR_(i cant remember what went here but it was a letter and some numbers). My computer restarted and the video driver was more stable so I was able to get to a video on youtube to see if the audio quality was any better but it was incredibly worse. It was noticeably louder with immense amount of static and sound only in the right side of the headphones. I then rolled back to my other driver and everything began working as it did before (still with the "listening to the audio from low quality computer speakers even though I have high quality headphones on" problem from before.) I tried to see what else I could do to fix it with multiple google searches but nothing related to me and everything that it said to try that I did have the option of doing didn't work. I did that for about a week until giving up and coming here. I honestly have no idea what's wrong with my computer. 

If anyone needs any extra information I'd be happy to provide it though I'm quite ignorant with computers so bear with me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

Did the machine come with a driver disk? If not you should check the manufacturers website for a model specific driver.

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Well you had a driver problem and rolled back the driver and problem fixed so whats the probelm ?

Why do you have twin forum threads OP going on the same topic with the same post ?

Mod Edit:  Topics now merged - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#4 Doomgu

Doomgu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Well you had a driver problem and rolled back the driver and problem fixed so whats the probelm ?

It didn't fix it. It's the same problem as before I updated my driver in the first place.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

You go for a full driver uninstall/reinstall ?

Full directX reinstall would be something i would do too if we were talking about winXP or older but sadly starting with win vista that topic is unpleasant.

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2017 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users