Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Haakuu

Haakuu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hello
So i just bought a New hard drive (500Gb WD Blue) i pluged in the power cable and SATA cable everything was fine and i put the Windows CD in, power on but now it appears Reboot and Select Prosper Boot device Or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key ( the PC is 64bits and ofc the Windows CD is 64 bits) i went next in the BIOS Setup and it shows 1st Boot device [USB: Generic Compatc Flash] i went then in the advanced settings > Storage Configuration > SATA Operation mode ( it shows the 3 options IDE, RAID, AHCI) and it still shows not detected. (Sorry for my Bad englando) please help (my cables are fine) ty and God bless

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

If your installation media is a disc you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the optical drive is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device.

If there isn't a problem with the installation media the disc should boot.  You will receive a message telling you to press any key to continue, do so and follow the installation instructions.

Edited by dc3, 10 January 2017 - 03:46 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Haakuu

Haakuu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

Where exactly Sir? In the BIOS Boot settings it shows:
1st Boot Device [USB: generic compact flash]
> USB drives
1st Drive USB Generic Compact flash
2nd Drive USB Generic SM/xD-Picture
3rd Drive USB Generic SDXC/MMC
4th Drive USB Generic MS/MS-Pro/HG
5th Drive USB Generic SD/MMC/MS/MSPRO

#4 Haakuu

Haakuu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

If your installation media is a disc you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the optical drive is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device.

If there isn't a problem with the installation media the disc should boot.  You will receive a message telling you to press any key to continue, do so and follow the installation instructions.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Thier no way anyone can anser that seeing as no one knows what your computer is, do the following and maybe we can help.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Thier no way anyone can anser that seeing as no one knows what your computer is, do the following and maybe we can help.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

The Speccy should list the manufacturer of the motherboard which usually will indicate who the manufacturer is, but you will still not know what model this computer is.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

@Haakuu

In order to answer your question I would need to know the BIOS manufacturer and its version.  The Speccy will provide this, please follow the instructions below to produce the hyperlink which will display the results of the Speccy.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

The Speccy should list the manufacturer of the motherboard which usually will indicate who the manufacturer is, but you will still not know what model this computer is.

Isn't it all ways best to get the bios from the people that made the hardware in question ? i know i would and have bin doing it that way for years O_o

Though i think i know what your talking about, if were dealing with dell or hp and the like, looking for anything on their home page for any kind of software or dealing with them on any level for costumer support is like pulling teeth.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

There is absolutely no reason to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard or BIOS.

There are basically two manufacturers who produce BIOS, Phoenix and American Megatrends.  In order to find instructions for changing the BIOS settings you would also need to know the version of the BIOS.  With this information it's a simple matter of Googling to find this information.  There is no need to contact the manufacturer, or to go through the hassle.

Edit to ask a question:  Your spelling is atrocious, why don't you use the browser's spell check.  As it has been pointed out previously, there are a lot of members who don't speak English and rely on translation software to understand post and respond to them here.  This software has problems being successful doing its job when there a lot of misspellings. 

Edited by dc3, 11 January 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#10 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Edit to ask a question:  Your spelling is atrocious, why don't you use the browser's spell check.  As it has been pointed out previously, there are a lot of members who don't speak English and rely on translation software to understand post and respond to them here.  This software has problems being successful doing its job when there a lot of misspellings.

Iv all ready explained my self before to you on this topic and i do the best i can.

Im not going to spend 2 hours per post in a full word editor just so my posts are up to your standards because your not use to how people chat on the internet, trolling people in the forum all the time to remind them your smarter then they are when it comes to spelling/grammar and acting like the forums grammar police doesn't help anyone, this is like the 4th time you get in my face on the topic and in a forum thread vs pm, and the time i did want to take this topic up with you in privet messages in the past and you just ignored me and didn't want to talk about it.

And now your back on the topic publicly.

btw next time you want to get in my face about the topic take it to privet messages so as not to spam it up in the forum with off topic junk and ill show you what its like dealing with someone that's has years of training of no rules hacker forums, and you can call me anything in pm you want to my face on the topic and just for you i won't touch any spell check of any kind if we get in to this topic in pm, just pure speed chat just like everyone douse in IRC and similar instant messing systems and you should have no problems reading what im saying if your use to the topic, im guessing your not.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

Excerpt from Forum Rules:  "When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked."

The fact that you have no respect for the BC Forum Rules...other members...anything outside that special world you live in...is not news to me and others who have read more than 3 of your posts..

I think that's clear to anyone.  But I suggest that you not publicly express your contempt within the context of a topic which is not initiated by you.  Other members just might take more offense than they may have thus far...and ignore anything that you post.  But...of course...that won't matter to you.

Oh, well...

Louis

#12 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

The fact that you have no respect for the BC Forum Rules...other members...anything outside that special world you live in...is not news to me and others who have read more than 3 of your posts..

By the way its bleeping computers not BC, that's classic you brake the forum rule as you quote the forum rule, whatever ;)

Other members just might take more offense than they may have thus far.

Fix broken grammar please, i cant understand what your saying.

Edited by shadow_647, 11 January 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

Other members just might take more offense than they may have thus far.

Fix broken grammar please, i cant understand what your saying.

As often as everyone has seen your butchered grammar and poor spelling I suspect that other members would not be surprised with your inability to understand a sentence written by someone who is literate and uses proper grammar and spelling.  Have a nice day. :wink:

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

To the OP:  Has anyone here contributed anything of value that relates to your situation? 

Information was requested from you...you have not provided it.  You were online earlier today and did not post in the topic you opened.

Have you lost interest in pursuing your topic?

Louis

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

@Haakuu

Please post the Speccy link so we can move forward with a repair of this computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users