Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help with pc loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shine123

shine123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

I have Windows 10 installed on my pc. A few days back when I switched on the logo came and then 'prepairing to attempt repairs' then 'diagnosing repairs' and then 'attempting repairs'. This loop keeps on going and going. I don't have internet on my pc. I use Internet on my phone. My work files are stored in the pc. I tried switching off and on and rebooting, no difference. Pls help me so I can get back to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

Hi,

This is quite useful:- http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-pc/

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

You will need the Windows 10 installation media for your version of Windows 10.  If you do not have the installation media you can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on different PC.

Follow the instructions and you should be good to go.

Place you installation media in the appropriate port or drive and restart the computer.  You should see the message Press any key to continue, press any key.  If you do not receive this message you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS.  The first device in the boot order will be either be a disc drive for a installation disc or a USB port for installation media installed on a flash drive.  The second devic in the boot order will be the SSD/Hdd.

When you see the Install Windows page tap/click on Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment you will see Choose an option screen, tap/click on 
Troubleshoot.

Tap/click on Advanced options, then select Startup Repair.

After running the Startup Repair restart the computer to see if this has resolved the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users