Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2016 - WSUS not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roberttittl

roberttittl

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

Fresh installation of Windows Server 2016, no AV installed!

configured WSUS, detects machines on the network, finds available updates but.... i get the below error messages

Updates section (on only certain updates)

This update cannot be approved for installation because its Microsoft Software License Terms failed to download. Click Retry Download to start the download again.

Overview section - Download Status

Download Status Updates needing files: 9,291 Downloaded 0.00 MB of 112,278.27 MB

WSUS never downloads any of the files! just sits at 0.00MB downloaded!

I have attached screen shots

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

It could be a permissions issue on the WSUSCONTENT folder, or it could be because something went wrong during the WSUS installation:

http://www.wsus.info/index.php?showtopic=10120

You could also try running the wsusutil reset command and let WSUS scan the database. The full path is c:\program files\update service\tools\wsusutil.exe reset .

#3 neil_pdj

neil_pdj

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:09 AM

I have this exact same problem. Tried reset, checked permissions, even cancelled all downloads and it sat at 0.00MB of 0.00MB forever.
Did you find a solution? I also have clean install on server 2016.
Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users