Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help please! Kmspico, Registeryactivator and ping.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kmartin100

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

I am a newbie to this site and have a virus on my computer. Sorry if posting in wrong location.

I am running Windows 7 ultimate and was trying to install sp1 and kmspico (fake) and it installed lots of malware and a virus. I have Kaspersky and it has flagged up Registryactivator. Have tried removing but it remains. Have tried Malwarebytes and removed any malware but when I reboot it returns. I seem to have ping.exe coming and going in task manager.

Can anyone provide and assistance please and what and how I should do. Should I try and do a boot scan, if so how and with what??

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help or point me in the right direct.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:34 AM

Kaspersky doesn't give a boot time scan option I think. You can download kaspersky rescue disc for the same though.

Avast provides boot time scan as one of the options in its scan options though. Though avast cannot be trusted ( by me my personal opinion) for general usage it is good for cleaning stuff at boot time unless it is corrupted.

But first trying booting into safe-mode and uninstalling any suspicious files or programs you find.

Alternatively try restoring the using to an earlier date.

Also you can try repairing the operating system from the OS DVD or image you installed in your system. This also helps if the cleaning removed any important operating system files.

#3 hamluis

• 55,008 posts
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

KMspico is a tool used typically to install illegal versions of Windows.

As such, the members of this forum can do nothing to assist you.  Illegal installs are not in compliance with forum rules.

Excerpt from Forum Rules:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

You can prepare a new topic and submit the requested  logs, following the guidance at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  The new topic is to be posted in the same forum which contains the Prepareation Guide.