Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Website Was Hacked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mercy_Girl

Mercy_Girl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

Okay I am a little frightened right now. My website was hacked by a group calling themselves the cyber-turks @ cyber-turks.org. They changed all my index pages on my site and so I changed the password and changed the pages back, but they keep targetting my fanlisting page. Does anyone know about this group? Is this a random attack? Do you think it might affect my computer through the FTP program.

I need help!

If this is in the wrong place, please move.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:17 PM

i suggest you view this post
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49730/my-site-has-been-hacked-what-to-do/
they might be the same exact group that hacked his site.

i hope that helps. its hard theres not much you can do with theese problems.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#3 Mercy_Girl

Mercy_Girl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Thanks. Well at least it seemed to be random. My only problem is I run a fanlisting and i think that's how they got in. I have to input my password on the config.php file for my Enthusiast script, so they could easily get a hold of that if they are going in, at least I think so.

Edited by Mercy_Girl, 29 August 2006 - 06:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users