Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing pc games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TerryCia

TerryCia

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hi when I try to play some games on my pc, I get 'dx11 feature 10.0 is required to run this engine' error. Any ideas?

Attached File  DxDiag 1.txt   28.49KB   3 downloads

Attached File  ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 21 17.23.jpg   15.23KB   0 downloads

Edited by TerryCia, 09 January 2017 - 06:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hello, Welcome To BC TerryCia!

You may have a look at this website here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

That is Microsoft's DirectX Installation help/files. 

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Ya just rebuild directX and that should fix the problem.

#4 TerryCia

TerryCia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thank you very much. I already have all the latest windows updates, and I don't have a clue as to how to rebuild directx

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

Guess you didn't do much research on the topic before posting, seems past windows xp the directX topic turns in to a turd in windows best i can tell and iv seen meny with problems in this forum with newer version of windows then XP on the directX problems topic and its a real bugger to fix.

At lest for winxp or older versions of windows their are 3rd party tools to 100% remove it so as to 100% reinstall it "not made by microsoft"

Special tnx for microsoft on this topic for making the hole directX topic a pile of epic suck and making it worse to deal with with eatch new version of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/280483-how-reinstall-directx-11-repair-directx-11-a.html

#6 TerryCia

TerryCia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Guess you didn't do much research on the topic before posting, seems past windows xp the directX topic turns in to a turd in windows best i can tell and iv seen meny with problems in this forum with newer version of windows then XP on the directX problems topic and its a real bugger to fix.

At lest for winxp or older versions of windows their are 3rd party tools to 100% remove it so as to 100% reinstall it "not made by microsoft"

Special tnx for microsoft on this topic for making the hole directX topic a pile of epic suck and making it worse to deal with with eatch new version of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/280483-how-reinstall-directx-11-repair-directx-11-a.html

Yes I tried looking all over for answers, but seems like Win7 would had program to update. The other issue (from what I've read) is maybe my graphics card is not up to snuff. Then again, I have an old Dell Dimension E521 so it may not be a good gaming pc.

Edited by TerryCia, 11 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

http://www.pcworld.com/article/127985/article.html

Louis

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

1.8-GHz AMD Sempron 3400+ processor and 512MB

Ouch that slow in this day and age, my self id change over to winXP on that system if you like gaming, win7 is too new for that cpu, at the same time doing a clean install of XP would fix the problem with directX.

What did you say your video card was and total system memory was?

Edited by shadow_647, 12 January 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#9 TerryCia

TerryCia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

Attached File  DxDiag 1.txt   28.49KB   1 downloads

1.8-GHz AMD Sempron 3400+ processor and 512MB

Ouch that slow in this day and age, my self id change over to winXP on that system if you like gaming, win7 is too new for that cpu, at the same time doing a clean install of XP would fix the problem with directX.

What did you say your video card was and total system memory was?

I do have an XP disc. just hate to install an OS that's not supported any longer  :orange:

#10 Benjamin123

Benjamin123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hello, Welcome To BC TerryCia!

You may have a look at this website here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

That is Microsoft's DirectX Installation help/files. 

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users