Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSOD - Need help diagnosing

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Flip_5

Flip_5

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Been having random BSOD issues sometimes it can run for days, other times it BSODs within minutes, recently becoming more frequent. I suspect virus or malware, but scans come up negative.

My computer is as follows:

· OS - Windows 7 Pro
· x64
· This is the original installation of windows on this computer, it is a OEM disk (Intended for distribution with a new PC)

· System is approx 2+ years old (Purchased components from Newegg 11/28/2014)
· Windows install is the same 2+ years, has been running without issue until the past month or so.

· CPU - i7 4790K
· Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX760
· MotherBoard - ASRock Z97 Extreme6 LGA1150
· Power Supply - SeaSonic SS-650KM Gold(650W)

· Home built

Sysnative zip file attached, PERFMON /report errored out, and I currently have verifier running

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Mike

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

You ever clean the dust out of the pc or clean the pc parts in genaral ?

Edited by shadow_647, 09 January 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#3 Flip_5

Flip_5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Yes, clean it every couple of months.

#4 Flip_5

Flip_5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

New development... After a "mbam.exe - Application Error"  I got a BSOD with just a STOP message.  Now I can no longer boot into windows.  It gives me a BSOD with the message "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" This happens booting regularly or into safe mode.  Screenshots attached.

Attached Files

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Sadly i won't download anything from you if theirs a possibly of infection and don't like random file downloads from this forum or the net in general, grate way to get infected.

And ya that cant be good, so the system in question windows wise is done and doesn't boot/run in any mode  ?

Options are limited at this point, your getting friendly with the wipe & backup & reinstall topic, backing up stuff from infected systems is all ways risky though seeing as "ball park number" 33% of everything out their virus wise can not be detected, hope you have safe backups.

And you can upload pics to here, then use the forum option to link the pic to here.

http://postimage.org/

Do you have the full win7 install cd ?

#6 lefthedef

lefthedef

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

let;s try this. remove all your cables from your hardrive and reseat them back also make sure the other end of sata cable is sitted well to the motherboard.

does it boot to safe mode normally or crashes?

Edited by lefthedef, 09 January 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

The OP's screenshots.

N65Ruer.jpg

9E69pGx.jpg

TAUYCUn.jpg

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#8 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hi, @Flip_5:

Disclaimer: I am not qualified to troubleshoot stop codes or to diagnose or fix BSOD issues.

I am popping in merely to suggest that you might consider waiting for @usasma or one of the other BSOD experts to assist you.
Since "mbam.exe" is mentioned in the error screen, he will likely be able to help, as he is also a BSOD expert over at Malwarebytes forum.

He (or one of the others who are trained experts in this area) will be the right person for the job.

While you're waiting, you might have a look at the pinned topics at the top of this sub-forum.

<Just a suggestion as a longtime MBAM user>

I hope you get it sorted,

MM

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Agreed.

ERRrrr, thing is at this point if windows doesn't work in safe mode or normal mode theirs not much you can do, and i think usasma needs a working computer to do what he douse.

You can try sfc.exe /scannow from the command line if your allowed to it with a win7 install dvd at the commend line besides that a repair install, more then that windows is done, unless someone knows any tricks on this topic, i know i don't.

One thing you could try and do is take the computer apart and clean everything with electronic contact cleaner, you can leave the mobo in its hole but clean and remove all the rest and reseat everything a feu times, whos knows maybe you'll get lucky.

Remember to touch the case each time before diving in to remove static and pull the power cord out of the wall as well and wait like 10 sec before going in as well.

Ps special thank you for posting images, your lucky your in Linux so immune to virus code.

Edited by shadow_647, 09 January 2017 - 10:04 PM.

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

You are most welcome.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

If I remember correctly, 0x74 stop errors are commonly caused by a corruption in the SYSTEM registry hive (or memory issues). Please try starting Windows using Last Known Good Configuration.

Good luck!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#12 Flip_5

Flip_5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

OK, so I disconnected and reconnected all cables, and tried Last Known Good Configuration. Ended up with pretty much the same. But in doing so, I noticed it was taking an extremely long time to POST. From power on to actually starting to load windows, was sometimes well over a minute instead of the usual few seconds. With the multiple restarts I saw the DVD burner light not acting normal, very random blinking, so I disconnected the burner and so far it boots and is running. We'll see how it goes for now. 

Thanks for the ideas, I will post if anything else occurs.

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

I'm glad to hear that you may have fixed it on your own.
If the problem returns, please PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.
I'm often 2 to 4 days behind, so please be patient.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 lefthedef

lefthedef

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

nice that you have fixed it , let me ask you have you set your bios to boot firstly from the dvd-rw?

if so make it boot firstly from HDD and reconnect the drive.

If no u can always change the sata cable on the motherboards end, just in case you have set ahci for some sata and ide for others.

of course the problem is not permanently fixed since you need dvd-rw !!!

i hope i will hear good news from you !!!

#15 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

At lest if its just the dvd-RW that not a big deal seeing as in this day and age the things are cheap for a LG drive i mean or something like, i remember back in the day when the first cd burners came out they were only extrnals and were huge ! things cost like $4000 too just for one and a blank cd was like $20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users