Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Freezes and browser becomes non-responsive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Endeavour

Endeavour

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

I have installed Avira antivirus and firewall. It blocked installation of 7-Zip which I wanted to use for attaching files output from PERFMON  and Sysnative 

Thanks to Quietman7 for redirection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Endeavour

Endeavour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   2.33MB   4 downloads

#3 Endeavour

Endeavour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

Attached File  PERFMON report.zip   165KB   4 downloads

#4 Endeavour

Endeavour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

Should I be trying to run Driver Verifier whilst awaiting guidance?
I do not think that the pc is showing BSOD . There are no error messages except for the (Not Responding ) on the top right of frozen windows.

#5 Endeavour

Endeavour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:43 AM

I have started driver Verifier run and already have a notification Assertion failed: ! Isopen() && neme ! : nullfile E: Sourcecode\MarkLib\include\dali\System\Source\WinPipe.cpp, line 268
I do have an Asus motherboard.
My main concern is how to tell if driver Verifier is running. Any way to check on progress?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:41 AM

Verifier may/may not be needed.  Most often it's used to force driver crashes on systems that are already experiencing BSOD's.  This will often result in a Driver Verifier BSOD (and memory dump) which we can analyze to see if it names a specific driver.

To see if it's running, run verifier.exe and select the "Display existing settings" box

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:
- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.
- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).

And here's the analysis:

There aren't any drivers installed for your printer.  First, please uninstall the current printer software from the system.

Then download the latest, compatible version from the HP website and install it

You only have 452 MB of available Physical Memory (RAM).
Please get more memory if the system is able to handle it.
While waiting to upgrade the memory, please:
- only use one program at a time
- go through your startup items and stop those that aren't essential from loading with Windows

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Beyond that, check Event Viewer and look at the Admin logfile.

Look for Critical errors (these are likely the times that you held down the power button to shut off the frozen system).

Look at the time of the error, and then look at the events before that to see if you can see a pattern.

If you see a pattern, that's the likely cause.

If you don't see a pattern, then the cause is likely to be a hardware problem.

In the limited logs that I see, I see a problem with OneDrive - so uninstalling/reinstalling it's software might help.

I also see a lot of Windows Update failures - this may be due to Windows Update, networking, or the software used to hack the OS

- so, check Windows Update and check your networking stuff.  I'd also suggest getting a legal copy of Windows

There's also some browser errors - so this tends to suggest a networking problem to me.

XXXXX

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users