Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display goes off and need to restart computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raven4d

raven4d

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:02 AM

Greetings friends 

long story short ..

i work as an IT technicien in a company , where we monitor the internal network component for outages , i used to have an old desktop with windows xp connected to a 42" monitor and all were fine ..

i was asked to change the old desktop to a newer one and to have windows 8.1 on it instead , so i did .. 

we do have several power outages during the day , and the monitoring desktop is connected to a small ( 800 VA ) UPS which can hold it up till the power generator is ON 

the setup is :

desktop (8200 elitte SFF ) : windows 8.1 - dedicated VGA card ( 8300 GS ) as the desktop doesnt have HDMI output in the embedded VGA card and monitor doesnt accept but HDMI inputs 

monitor : LG 42lb550a-ta with (HDMI - DVI-D) cable connected to the desktop

but now the problem is that on every power outage ( less than 30 secs ) which is repeated 4-5 times a day , the screen is going off , and once the power is on again , it shows no signal !! and i have to restart the computer to have the display again ..

also , at the end of each day i turn off the screen , and when i come in the morning , i have to restart the computer for the same reason ..

any advise ? 

thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raven4d

raven4d
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Issue solved !

i reseted the BIOS to defaults , down scaled the monitor resolution , reinstalled the same drivers and issue was solved !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users