Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help error 0xc000007b don't want to factory reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimo365

Ultimo365

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

I was playing a game on steam and the game froze, then the blue error screen popped up With error kernel security check failure. So I rebooted got all booted up then blue error screen popped up again with error page fault in non paged area. At this point computer restarted got stuck in the repair loop. So I unplugged the battery and restarted now I have error 0xc000007b popping up now and I can't get to my desktop anymore. Please and thank you for help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:20 AM

Hardware is not my strong point however I would check your ram if possble.

Do you have a Windows 8.1 disk?

Do you get any repair options if you shut the PC down 3 times by holding in the power button until it turns off?

#3 Ultimo365

Ultimo365
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

I pulled the ram out and put it back in on my laptop. Unfortunately I don't have windows 8.1 disc. And I just tried turning computer off three times and then turning it back on of it said diagnosing your PC then the automatic repair window popped up saying your PC did not start correctly. It did the same thing last night so I clicked advanced options went to troubleshoot went I refreshed my PC it failed to I also tried a system restore it failed I also tried start up repair it failed.

#4 Ultimo365

Ultimo365
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

I don't know if this is information you need but last night around 1030 it popped up on the black screen with a viao on it and said attempting repairs well it did that all the way until about 8 o'clock this morning and then failed

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

You can do a Startup Repair, but you will need the installation media for this version of Windows 8/8.1.  You can download a Windows 8.1 ISO which can be used to create the needed installation media.  You can download the ISO file from the Microsoft Software Download site.  You shouldn't need the product code, but if you can install Speccy Snapshot from a flash drive download the Speccy from another computer and transfer it to a flash drive and install it on the computer we are working on.

How to find your Windows product code with the Speccy Snapshot

Please download and install Speccy to find your Windows product code.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see an image similar to the one below.

speccy1_zpsrueynimp.png

Under Summary click on Operating System.

speccy2_zpsxmwtld56.png

The product code is listed as Serial Number:.

When you see the Install Windows page tap/click on Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment you will see Choose an option screen, tap/click on 
Troubleshoot.

Tap/click on Advanced options, then select Startup Repair.

After running the Startup Repair restart the computer to see if this has resolved the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users