Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless problem win10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sheikh159

Sheikh159

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Ok so i have this problem. My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to my router. Yesterday it all was fine, but for almost half an hour, it doesn't connect to my router. I thought it could be a problem with the router, but when I connected my phone to wi-fi, it worked. Then I assumed that my laptop has some issue and I tried to connect it to my hotspot and it also worked. Now I can't find out what the problem could be, since router works fine, laptop's wireless adaptor&driver work fine. I forgotten the wireless connection with my router from the laptop and tried to add it again, but it wouldn't work. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

What do you mean by "it doesn't connect"? Can it see any wireless networks around you? Can it see your wireless network name? If you try to connect and diagnose the problem, does Windows give a error or reason for the problem?

Also, what model router and laptop do you have?

#3 Sheikh159

Sheikh159
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

It sees all wireless networks around me. When I try to connect to mine, it says "Can't connect to this network." And the troubleshoot tells me to unplug/reset router, I did it and still doesn't work. Laptop is Asus X540L and router is Huawei HG655b.

#4 Sheikh159

Sheikh159
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

UP! Sorry but I really need to solve it.

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

What are you wifi settings? See page 6-1 of manual. Looks by default it is using TKIP, which may not work well with that computer. TKIP is controlled by the PC wireless client, so driver and software issues can break it. That and AES is faster and more secure. I suggest changing it to WPA2+AES if possible. If that doesn't work, try turning the wireless security off for a moment and see if it connects then. If so, it's a security issue, if not, it's a networking issue.

#6 Sheikh159

Sheikh159
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

None of them worked. Any other ideas?

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Can you connect via an ethernet cable ?

Try with Windows 10 Fast Startup Disabled http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users