With a huge storm hitting California, I experienced a power outage in my area. I currently have a Steelseries Siberia 800 wireless headset which is not working. The front of the transmitter is completely black, instead of lighting up and showing the battery life and all of the available sound options. The transmitter has a DC power cord plugged into my power strip, and it has a USB cord plugged straight into the back of my desktop. Before the storm hit I was successfully using my headset, but my computer was on when the power outage occurred. Now, when I boot up my computer, the transmitter doesn't turn on. I've tried to plug the power block into different outlets and slots on my power strip. The power strip is working fine. I've tried to plug the USB cable into USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 slots in the back of my computer, and I also tried plugging it into the USB 2.0 slots on the front of my computer.
I'm using Windows 7 64bit, by the way. Whenever I plug the transmitter's USB cord back in, under Device Manager it is now only showing up as "Generic USB Hub," rather than detecting the device as a headset. I've tried to right click on the "Generic USB Hub" and have tried "Update Driver Software" and "automatically check online for drivers" and it tells me the drivers are up-to-date. I've also done Right Click -> Properties -> Disable -> Unplug Device -> Plug Device Back In as well as Right Click -> Properties -> Uninstall -> Unplug Device -> Plug Device Back In. I've also tried using Driver Identifier to locate manufacturer updates for my USB hubs. I've tested the USB slots with a Logitech webcam and in the slots it is indeed properly recognizing my webcam, but not the headset.
I've checked the Steelseries website and I can't manually find the device drivers for the Siberia 800 on their website. They currently are using "Steelseries Engine 3" for device drivers, so I installed it, and when I plug the USB back in their engine does not indicate that any device has been plugged in.