Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google chrome virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bss625

bss625

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

A week ago I was trying to download something, and to complete the download i needed an activation key that I could get from completing the survey. Soon i found that this was one of those annoying infinite survey things, and apparently it had downloaded a virus onto my computer. Whenever i open a new tab of google chrome, it opens the link "http://www-searching.com/?prd=set_epf&s=h11zftptn095001bu,f4ea9c83-4fec-41e1-a2b5-c6b966dc97d1,". Using the default search engine of google, whenever i searched something it gave me some error message, but I have forgotten what it said (oops). Using bing as my default engine workes perfectly, but I prefer google. I have searched up fixes online, and about 15 minutes ago i used a software called searchman pro, which i used. This worked great as now google as a search engine works, but when I open a new tab it still opend that -seareching.com link, and my ESET NOD32 Antivirus says "Potentially unwanted content found

This web page is on a list of websites with uncertain reputation or potentially unwanted content and has been blocked.

Go back to the previous page?

". I am glad that google works but I need help fixing this. I looked at chrome settings and the "on startup" tab says open a new tab page so it is not that. I have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, and ESET NOD32 hasnt done anything to help besides saying that the page has potentially unwanted content. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 apio

apio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

You should try this.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/636609/google-wont-work-because-of-virus-redirect/?p=4155367

#3 bss625

bss625
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Yes this is what i use to fix the other problem... I used hitman pro, but it didnt fix the -searching link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users