Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Louis suggests I check if I am infected or not?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikerj

mikerj

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Loius (mod) has suggested I get my system checked to confirm that it is not infected.  Is there anyone here that can help me with this?  Thanks.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikerj

mikerj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

BTW this was my initial brief that Louis picked up:

========================

Title: Win_64bit takes 20+ mins to boot

Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung i5, 6GB ram laptop running win 7, 64 bit.  For some while now (6 months) the boot up time to usable desktop has decayed to 20+ minutes.  A few points to add:

1. I don't know what caused the decay in the first case but it appears to get slower to boot as time goes on.

2. Takes approx 7-8 mins to logon screen

3. The rest of the time taken to get to desktop and for all background processes to complete what they are doing, so that I can open folders, browse the internet etc, without fighting with the pc.

4. I notice that if after the login page loads, I leave loging in for 10-15 mins, it goes very quickly to my desktop and I can open folders/files, browse the internet virtually straight away (oh...the good old days!)

5. I run ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes Premimium and have the latest installations.  I have been running them both together since August last year, but in the last few days see that ESET no longer works.  I have gone through the whole 9yards of unistalling in safe mode etc.  This works again initally but then will not load gui (egui.exe not working) and neither is the ekrn.exe working.

6. Problems with ESET obviously prompted me to to look into getting this working because without an AV I am a sitting duck and only this morning lead me to looking into the events log after reading a post on this forum abouts events and how tthey can be used if having problems with the pc (as I have).  There are a huge number of errors and warnings, yestreday and even from today and this was straight after start up.  I see some of the errors and warnings are about ESET and how certain components have timed out.

Ok. so thats a bit of background that I hope will help someone that can help me sort/unravel this stuff.  I did create an events zip-up log file this morning which I have posted (Event Log-080117) and hope it will help.  If there is anything else I can provide information wise that will help solve this problem then please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

==========================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users