Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD random at any times

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shark812

shark812

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Can't find anything about it, it happens sometimes when i close a high GPU/CPU process, but sometimes happens during the night.

If i start PERFMON it doesn't finish and takes forever on "Gathering data" so i will attach only the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.zip

those are my pc spec:

Computer Type: PC/Desktop 
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.50GHz 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 
Memory: 20Gb Corsair Vengeance (8+8+4) 9-9-9-24 
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX970 G1 Gaming 
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio (MB Integrated) 
Monitor(s) Displays: AOC G2460PG 24 
Screen Resolution: 1920*1080 @ 144 Hertz 

PSU: Corsair Cx750M 
Case: CM Comsos II 
Hard Drives:

• 1x Samsung SSD 840 Series (120GB) --> OS
  • 2x WD30EZRZ RAID 1 (3TB)
  • 1x WD Velociraptor WD1500HLFS 

Just run the Memtest86 and the RAM seems ok

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files

Edited by shark812, 08 January 2017 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Heat sink what, max temp what under full load prime95 15 min run ?

#3 shark812

shark812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Heat sink what, max temp what under full load prime95 15 min run ?

I'm currently using a Cooler Master Hyper TX3Evo CPU Cooler, I will test the pic with Prime95 asap.
Btw recently I got a BSOD with a strange action performed by me: I was closing a lot of instances of bot.exe that is a game that I made with the Unity Engine. in the exact moment I closed all those instance with a "close all" action the bsod appared. Maybe is something wrong with the GPU memory?

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Don't forget to watch your temps as you run prime95 with something like open hardware monitor, 15min run is fine.

As for bot.exe, if that's the only thing that crashing the system then well you know hehe its not windows that has a problem ^_^

Back to the drawing board code wise.

For the record your cpu is 72c max 88TDP stop test if you start to pass the 67c mark, and your cooler looks decent.

Memtest86 run was a good call btw just remember it doesn't all way find memory problems.

Edited by shadow_647, 08 January 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#5 shark812

shark812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Don't forget to watch your temps as you run prime95 with something like open hardware monitor, 15min run is fine.

As for bot.exe, if that's the only thing that crashing the system then well you know hehe its not windows that has a problem ^_^
Back to the drawing board code wise.

For the record your cpu is 72c max 88TDP stop test if you start to pass the 67c mark, and your cooler looks decent.

Memtest86 run was a good call btw just remember it doesn't all way find memory problems.

It can't be that the issue cause it also happen at random times. Also it never happens when I play heavy GPU load games, btw I will try with Prime

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Well ill say what the other guy that camps this part of the forum to help people all the time even if its not the case, if you have a UEFI bios update the topic to the newest version.

As for the other topic, never when the system is under heavy load playing games but douse when the computer doing nothing O_o odd.

#7 shark812

shark812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well ill say what the other guy that camps this part of the forum to help people all the time even if its not the case, if you have a UEFI bios update the topic to the newest version.

As for the other topic, never when the system is under heavy load playing games but douse when the computer doing nothing O_o odd.

Yeah the thing is kinda strange also to me.

Is there anything I can use to test the RAM in a better way?
Can be something related to some voltage change from the psu when passing from heavy load to idle?
Can be some "energy saving" features that I ignore from Nvidia or Intel?

I will also update the bios driver asap

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Is there anything I can use to test the RAM in a better way?

Yes theirs piles of software based ones,you can do the rounds on this topic if you want,just do a net serch and you'll find piles.

My self i only do one pass when using one not 6 hour runs as well theirs hardware based testers, mostly only pc repair shops have them and their costly but better at detecting problems and last theirs the old trick of just pop in to the bios and drop the speed on the ram and loosen timings, if this fixs the problem then you know it was the ram that can't hold it speed, as well the more ram dimms you use and or the more channels you use "single vs dual vs triple vs quad" the more latency you have to use to keep things stable and the less you can overclock the ram.

Auto config SPD memory doesn't take that in to consideration so you have to setup the ram by hand at times.

Can be something related to some voltage change from the psu when passing from heavy load to idle

logically that would make sense, turning everything off on this topic in the bios and or windows would be a good way to test this topic, just run it all at full power for a time and see if that changes anything.

Can be some "energy saving" features that I ignore from Nvidia or Intel?

probably all of it, its just for saving watts and power and keeping heat levels down, kind of thing that makes sense for a laptop but something that in years gone by desktops didn't have.

I will also update the bios driver asap

Ya the new UEFI bios are kind of beta and its a new deal, old stile bios i don't update unless i have a reason to, like the bios on this computer i don't even know what version it is or if theirs a newer version out their for it but my self i have no problems with the computer so i haven't updated it, though all my usb went weird on me some time ago, maybe ill do a bios update just for fun and see what happens.

Ps whats taking so long on the prime95 topic lol ?

Edited by shadow_647, 08 January 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#9 shark812

shark812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

I did both a 15min Prime95 and a 15min Furmark, everything was ok, temperatures were normal too

#10 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

What kind of numbers we talking about ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users