Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with possible virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1Keenan

1Keenan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:15 AM

hi all,

I have a series of problems that started yesterday evening after a game installation.

first of all it happens that Firefox each 30 minutes ( more or less) opens a russian date website or a webcam website.

so I scan the pc (windows 10) with adwaware it found something and I tought it was ok, but the problem was still there, so I scan with CCclean and again it found something, clean it and restart.

Results is that now I stil have the problem in Firefox but start menu doesn't open and also edge and store crash after the load screen.

I try with malware bytes, it find something (33 threats) but it stack at heuristic scan.

What I can do?

I run Junkware Removal Tool and this is the log:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.0 (12.05.2016)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Ran by Francesco (Administrator) on 08/01/2017 at 12:58:05,58

File System: 3

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\41ofxkjm.default\searchplugins\avg-secure-search.xml (File)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\41ofxkjm.default\user.js (File)
Successfully deleted: C:\WINDOWS\wininit.ini (File)

Registry: 0

Scan was completed on 08/01/2017 at 13:00:41,14
End of JRT log

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1Keenan

1Keenan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

I found mailruhomesearch.exe in my machine... how can I remove it?

#3 1Keenan

1Keenan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

I remove it using reason core secure, but I still have the problem with start and edge...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users