Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Allowing users to edit simple pictures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kensr551

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

I need something for my website, but I'm not a software programmer. I'll get someone to do this for me, but I don't know what to ask for yet.

What type of software is this called...?

I need to allow customers to edit simple clip art images on my website. They need to be able to also add other smaller clip art images (that I provide on the screen) to the larger clip art images they are editing.

Is this just generic photo editing software or is this called something else? How would this be applied to my website to allow users to do what I'd like them able to do?

I know how to put up websites, but I'm not well versed in software.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 54,995 posts
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

FWIW:  Not sure what you are looking for...but, AFAIK, you cannot edit anything at a website unless there is some interactive feature at that site.  You cannot edit files which are not on a system, generally...and that's why website content is immune to such efforts.

Users can use online or system-installed applications to edit files which are on their systems...and then upload such to a given website...if that is the goal.

#3 Marnel

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Photoshop and GIMP

#4 MatthewLike

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:21 AM

I use GIMP.