Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop fan noise? (videos included)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danidanidani

danidanidani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

My laptop's fan has been making an unusual noise for about a month, it isn't unbearably loud, but my fan used to run nearly silently. My laptop isn't overheating and I have tried cleaning the dust out. Is this a sign that my fan is dying, or is this just a normal fan noise? Will it get worse?

https://youtu.be/2mAi25icXKA

https://youtu.be/rtISDiaAXUA

My laptop is 5 years old, but this fan is only a little over a year old. I replaced it myself, and really don’t want to have to replace it again. I hate taking my laptop apart but also don’t want to pay someone else to do it for me, haha. Thank you for any help you an offer!!

Edited by danidanidani, 07 January 2017 - 04:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danidanidani

danidanidani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

No ideas?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Some fans go on for ever, some don't. I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and replace the fan if you are reasonably certain that the laptop is not overheating.

One other small point. BC is an international forum with members scattered all over the world and you have to give people a chance to see your topic. Bumping a topic is reasonable after say 48 hours but not after one hour and five minutes.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users