Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think my computer is still infected.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akaPidgee

akaPidgee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hello.First of all English is not my primary language so sorry for my bad English.Im using windows 10 and yesterday as I was using my computer a windows defender warning came up saying that a threat was detected and that it put it in the quarantine.So I opened windows defender and there were 2 backdoor viruses and it recommended me to delete them,so thats what I did.After that I did a scan with malwarebytes and it also detected some backdoor threats so I deleted them.Now every scan I do says that my computer is clean but I'vre read on some forums that there are viruses that "hide" and are not detectable by antivirus programms.What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Malware that hides or evades detection are commonly called Rootkits. Malwarebytes uses a proprietary low level driver similar to some anti-rootkit (ARK) scanners to locate hidden files and special techniques which enables it to detect a wide spectrum of threats including active rootkits, zero-day malware and malware in the wild.

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be obvious indications (signs of infection and malware symptoms) that something is wrong. Do you have such signs or symptoms?

You can always supplement your anti-virus or get a second opinion by performing an Online Virus Scan.....ESET is one of the more effective online scanners.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 akaPidgee

akaPidgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

I did a scan with ESET and everything seems to be fine.I was just worried that there was still a virus somewhere in my computer,maybe in the registry.Maybe I just read too many forums and got scared haha.Nevermind,everything seems to be okay.Thank you for your help.
Edit:I read the malware symptoms and it said something about IP Blacklisting.So I went to whatismyip to check if it is blacklisted and it said that I was blacklisted on l2.apews.org.

Edited by akaPidgee, 09 January 2017 - 03:29 AM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

Blacklisted IP Address: If you receive notification that your IP address has been blacklisted, consider this about as sure a sign as any that your PC is not in good hands — there’s a very good chance it means your system has been compromised and is being used as one tentacle in far-reaching, spam-sending botnet.

WhatIsMyIP.com is a service that provides IP address information. As far as I know, they do not send out notifications but they do have a BlackList Check page as explained here.

Blacklist Check page...This article explains why that happens and how to get off a blacklist...Each blacklist database has its own criteria for flagging IP addresses and compiling its own list of online offenders. Those criteria could include a variety of "listings": technical, policy, and evidence-based...If your IP address has been blacklisted and you want to investigate, you'll need to visit the blacklist's website and do a lookup on your IP address. Most blacklist databases will provide general listing reasons, but don't list specific email addresses tied to blacklisted IP addresses.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users