Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Stops Working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

So I encounter some sound difficulties on a Toshiba Satellite L750 with Windows 7 x64.

Tested on both BS-Player / Youtube and every time I play something, it goes on normally and then sound stops after few seconds - 1 minute.

I tried uninstalling drivers, re-install latest drivers from the Toshiba website and that didn't fix the issue.

Currently if I open Device Manager there's two devices under Sound, video and game controllers:

- Conexant Smart Audio HD

- Intel ® Display Audio

I thought it was a conflict so I tried also disabling one of them and that still didn't work.

Other thing I notice, if the song goes on in youtube and sound stops, when I open the Sound Settings applet, if I click between Playback and Recording TABS the sound goes back for few seconds and then stops again. I tried disabling Microphone but that didn't fix the problem either.

And last of all, if I connect a headset to the laptop, sound works perfectly without stopping.

Any ideas ? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

You are not alone. Seems to be a hardware issue with the 700 series.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2151211/sound-problem-toshiba-laptop.html

#3 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Thought so. I asked the user of the laptop and he said he had same problem also on a previous Windows installation.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

In the link I provided some had success using an earlier driver version.  Seems to be related to an overheating problem.

#5 ThirdOrder

ThirdOrder

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

For almost a year I have been plagued by the same problem of my microphone level being randomly reset to zero. Literally dozens of people have reported this problem on the Internet, with no real solution, at least not an easy solution. TODAY I FOUND AN EASY SOLUTION THAT REALLY WORKS! Here it is.

These instructions are for the Windows 7 Operating System. Click Start, Control Panel, Sound, Recording. Then, in the list of devices, highlight the name of the microphone you are using. Mine is the Realtek High Definition Audio default device.This also works for a USB microphone. Click Properties, Levels. Set the Microphone level to zero and the Microphone Boost to +30 DB. Click OK, OK. That solved the problem for me, completely and permanently!

#6 Horus45

Horus45

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

My problem turned out to be my Logitech WebCam, the microphone in the webcam was set as the default Microphone.

Once I disabled the microphone in the webcam the problem went away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users