Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scheduling/quoting software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 332

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

I am running a small one person installation business installing blinds and awnings.

There are some software applications about but whenever I look closer it is far to complex and always aimed at larger operations.

I find it difficult to track/schedule my work even though it is a real simple workflow:

#receiving call for quote 
#quote appointment 
#Quote accepted
#order (2 week turn around)
#pick up from manufacturer
#installation appointment
#Payment / follow up

Currently I am using word (table) and outlook calendar and have to double up entries time and again - and the biggest problem is that still things fall through the cracks.

There must be a simple software about that I can use - but I cannot find it.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

Are you looking just for ways to track these events for each project only? Or do you also want the program to create, store, and send out things like estimates and invoices and also store other things like notes, etc on the project?

If it is just the former, then you can try a task manager type program. The one that I am most familiar with that might fit your needs is ToDo by Appigo. I will note that they are more aimed at the Apple world as they do not have a specific Windows app, but I believe you can do use it from with in a web browser and then sync with either an iPhone or Android phone. It does support projects and then tasks within that project that can include alarm reminders. So, for just tracking stuff, it might do what you need. And if it is not Windows friendly enough for you, I would have to believe that there are other options out there that have similar feature sets (and making use of more of Outlook features might be an option...it has been a while since I used Outlook, but it alone might be all you need if you just need to track the mentioned events).

If it is the later, then I don't have a good answer other than create something yourself or pay someone to create it using a database program. I am sure there likely are some options, but as you mentioned, many of them will likely be overkill for your needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users