Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 randomaly restarts and automatic disabled

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare_vincent

Nightmare_vincent

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

My computer randomly restarts and I already disable the automatic restart function upon error or bs, I have check drivers and they are all good none corrupted, hardware health and other multitude tests, and everything appears fine the weird thing is there isn't a error report or anything of the like.

if Anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Comp specs:

Amd FX unlock 8350

m5 a99fx pro r2.0

16 gigs hyper X

Sapphire R9 290

thermaltake gold 750w

westerdigital hdd black 1 terra

Edited by Nightmare_vincent, 06 January 2017 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Please post exactly what you have already tried so far.  Knowing what you have tied will reduce the possibility of anyone requesting something that you have already tried.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Nightmare_vincent

Nightmare_vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

I have tried system restore, adw cleaner, advance system care,hell even a fresh install of windows new hdd

I have no idea what is going on.

there are no logs bluescreen viewer cant find anything

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

Do no errors at all show in the Windows Event Viewer?

How about in the Reliability Monitor?

http://www.howtogeek.com/166911/reliability-monitor-is-the-best-windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/

Try swapping graphics card as a troubleshooting test (hopefully you either have an old working spare one lying around or a friend does)

Check online that you PSU has enough wattage for your machine.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download and run SeatTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Nightmare_vincent

Nightmare_vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/PV8niAmq2BGv73nLao3pPL4

PSU EVGA Bq bronze 850w

seagate test pass

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Please download Blue Screen View to your desktop.  You will need to select the version (32-bit or 64-bit) of your Windows to download.  When you click on the version you want it will automatically start the download.

This is a portable application, you will not need to install it.  

Click on the Blue Screen View zip folder on your desktop to open it.  You will see a screen like the one below.

bluescreenview1_zpscocnelp7.png

A new icon will have been created below the icon for the zip file, click on this.

You will see a new image like the one below.

bluescreenview4_zpst4avae38.png

Click on the application outlined in red.

This will produce a list of your blue screens, click on the latest one.  This will open a dump file.  Copy and paste this in your topic.

#8 Nightmare_vincent

Nightmare_vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

it says no log found

#9 opera

opera

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

When you look in the Windows Event Viewer if it says it has recovered from a bug check then a dumpfile or minidump will be produced.

You need a certain size pagefile to produce a dumpfile and the pagefile must be on your system drive.

If you don't see bug checks mentioned then your restarts may be hardware based.

Have you cleaned out the dust from inside the machine lately?

(remember if you use Ccleaner that it cleans away dump files by default)

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

I need to apologize, I some how lost track of this topic.

Boot into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists there.

How to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8.1

You will need to use an Administrator account to for this.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key together.  In the menu that opens select Search.  When the Search charm opens type in msconfig.

msconfig will appear below the search box, click/tap on it.

When System Configuration opens click/tap on the Boot tab.

Under Boot options click/tap on Safe boot, then click/tap on Apply, then OK.

The next time you start the computer it will boot into Safe Mode.

Please note.  You computer will continue to boot into Safe Mode when it is started until you go back to System Configuration and remove the check in Safe boot.

When you reinstalled the operating system where did you get the installation media?

#11 Nightmare_vincent

Nightmare_vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

sorry i took so long to answer comp died, it was the psu that was bad 12 v was reading 10

thank you for the help and sorry for the time i took

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

You didn't take any time which I wasn't prepared to provide.  That is why I'm hear.

Glad to hear you have determined what the problem was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users